04.

Nari had actually enjoyed the silence in her lecturing hall, but now the room filled with suffocating noises

Her head started to hurt, it was just like back in school days when the summer break began, everyone excitedly started talking and wishing the other people a nice break before storming off to enjoy the few weeks off.
She tried to focus on the last words her professor said but gave up once someone hit her with their bag by accident.

At least apologize, stupid, she thought and rolled her eyes.
The girl let out a sigh and started packing her things as well.

Just as she left the room and started walking towards the exit she met her friends. Mark seemed to be just as happy as all those annoying people from her latest class but she understood it, he was about to visit his family in Canada again for a bit, if she were him she'd be excited as well.

Renjun on the other hand looked as annoyed as she did, though she didn't know the reason he felt that way.
In fact the boy was mad he wouldn't be able to take care of his friend and protect her from the demon that was now definitely hunting her, that might even kill her.

He hated that there was no avail, he even tried convincing his parents to go with her but of course they wanted to celebrate the holidays with him so he had to leave her on her own and basically pray for her to survive, the best thing he could probably do was to make sure she'd call him in case anything would happen and to check up on her via text as often as possible.

Before the trio had to separate for a short amount of time they decided to go out to lunch together.

„I can't believe time passed so fast, it's already winter.", Nari commented while catching a lone snowflake with her palm, the beautiful frozen liquid had just started to fall.
She didn't even know why it was so fascinating to her, she even felt like a child.

Her eyes were trained on the tiny miracle that slowly started to fade right in her hand until it was completely gone, only leaving a small amount of water, just as much as a teardrop possibly.

„Yeah, it's the worst time of the year.", her best friend mumbled while kicking a stone.

„Why would you say such thing? It's so lovely! Don't you see how enchanting the snow is and how beautifully people decorate their houses, how kind and happy they are?", she asked him, her eyes full of joy and amazement.

He didn't want to drag her mood but to humans winter was the most dangerous time of the year, since it started getting dark in the afternoon already and most people preferred to stay on their sofas at home, it was way easier for demons to hunt.

„It's just always so cold and dark, doesn't it scare you?", he asked which caused Mark to give him a warning glance.

Nari didn't know how to answer at all. Sure she was scared of the darkness at times, but why would he bring that up when thinking about the winter?
Her thoughts came to an end once she realized they arrived at the small restaurant they wanted to visit before leaving to their families.