21.

When Nari laid in bed that night, unable to sleep, she still felt his hot breath fanning her face

When Nari laid in bed that night, unable to sleep, she still felt his hot breath fanning her face. She couldn't forget the lip ring that glistened on his soft lips, couldn't forget how his jet-black, sweaty hair fell over his alluring eyes, couldn't forget how her back hit against his chest in defeat, how he held her close.

She groaned, turning around again in bed, wondering what it would have felt like to kiss him, but being the coward she was, a sudden wave of fear had washed over her, preventing the possible kiss. The girl wasn't even certain if he had thought about it too, in the end she could've embarrassed herself and risk the friendship that had just started to bloom by going for a stupid kiss.

No, backing off had been the right decision.

Hadn't it?

She remembered the scent he had radiated, the few centimeters that had separated them, how her heart had pounded wildly.
How his soft lips could have touched hers, how it'd have electrified her whole body.
She still felt his gaze raking over her, how his hand remained on her arm even when she turned around to face him.

Nari didn't want to admit it, desperately trying to suppress the way too vivid image of his face and his plump lips, but every inch of her body secretly wished that they would have kissed. It terrified her.

When the girl pushed her covers aside and stood up a few hours later, she felt as if she had been run over by a bus.
Her eyes were burning, she felt dizzy and her head throbbed heavily, but it was nothing that a cup of coffee and a painkiller wouldn't fix, at least for a few hours.
Not only was she sleep deprived from last night, but she'd also have to talk to her professors about how to continue her studies at the hunter department, considering how she didn't deem herself capable of killing demons.

The girl was frightened.
How would they react? Would they kick her out? Would they look down on her in disappoint?
She shook her head, exiting the flat quickly after checking her appearance in the mirror once.

Her mind was a complete mess, she couldn't focus on her environment, almost getting hit by a car in the process.
The shock got her out of the trance she was in as she now focused on the road, attentively continuing her way to the university. Nari felt her heart rapidly beating inside her chest, whole body tense, she looked around for her friends who had promised to support her during the talk.

While her eyes roamed the campus, passing unfamiliar faces and trees, benches, buildings, they landed on a familiar figure, a warm feeling spreading across her chest for a split second, eyes slightly crinkling as she smiled at the boy who returned the expression and waved at her before entering the building in front of him.

Her gaze remained at the door that closed behind his tall figure until she felt a hand on her shoulder.

„It'll be okay, don't worry.", Renjun spoke in a soothing tone, in an attempt to calm her.