Chapter 2 - Charitable Mood

This time Jennie's alarm went off on time

Her eyes still closed, she reached over and hit the "snooze" button. She had checked the alarm three times and made sure the damn thing was set to p.m.

An hour later, bathed and dressed, Jennie was walking out the front door when her phone rang. It was Sehun.

"Hey Sehun," Jennie greeted.

"Hey lady! You and Irene still meeting us for breakfast, right?" Sehun asked.

"I am. I just need to drop off an application," Jennie said, as she headed to her car, "I'm trying to get this T.A. job in the English department."

"Jennie, we don't graduate for a few months," Sehun said, "You're already applying?"

"This is the time to do it, genius," Jennie said, "I want my name at the top of this list!"

"OK, OK. So hurry your ass up. Baekhyun is late, Jisoo's half asleep and I'm already on my third piece of toast," Sehun said, his voice a bit muffled.

"It's rude to talk with your mouth full Sehun," Jennie said.

"Mmmfh," Sehun managed to say.

Jennie hung up, disgusted with her friend.

After dropping off her application, Jennie headed straight to The Bean, the campus cafe. Unlike yesterday, today was a very light day for Jennie. She was attending one class and auditioning for one group of prospective cheerleaders and then heading home. Jennie got to the front door of The Bean when she remembered.

"Shit! I forgot to call Irene," she said to herself. "Damn it, Jennie stop forgetting about your girlfriend."

She pulled her phone out and started to dial when she spotted Irene coming from the other direction.

"Jennie!" Irene said as she met her girlfriend at the front door. She reached up for a morning kiss.

"Hey," Jennie said kissing back.

"Thanks for calling me about breakfast," Irene said sarcastically.

"Ugh, I'm sorry," Jennie said, "I've just been so busy, it slipped my mind."

"I'm not supposed to slip your mind Jennie," Irene said with a slight edge to her voice, "If it wasn't for Baekhyun texting me I wouldn't even be here."

"I said I was sorry," Jennie said, "I'll make it up to you OK?

"That's two things you have to make up," Irene said, her voice a little lighter, "You still owe me for blowing me off for our lunch yesterday."

"I didn't blow you off Irene, I had to do something for the school," Jennie protested.

"Either way, I'm collecting," Irene said, then winked.