Chapter 8 - Let's Bet

Rosé sat at the same table she and Jennie had sat at during their first tutoring session

Rosé sat at the same table she and Jennie had sat at during their first tutoring session. She had gotten there twenty minutes early to look over the five pages she had written. After the 10th reading, all the words started to run together. She put the paper down and rubbed her eyes with the heels of her hands as she yawned. She crossed her arms on the table and put her head down.

Rosé hadn't gone to sleep until almost 3:30 in the morning and had spent most of the day like one of those walkers from 'The Walking Dead' but without trying to bite people. After leaving Lisa, she had gone to class then hung out with Ashley a bit and tell her everything that had happened.

She then spent a couple of hours looking over Irene and Joy's footage, which had come out great. At around eight when she had started writing her five pages, Jaehyun had called to talk. That talk had lasted over two hours. She was still sad but talking to him made her feel lots better and before they hung up, they made plans to go to dinner next week. As friends, of course.

"Hmmm," she hummed into her arms. She was sure she was still awake because she could still hear everything around her, but everything sounded so far away. She tried to open her eyes but couldn't.

###

Jennie looked at the clock on her phone and cursed. She only had five minutes to get from the football field to The Bean. Finalizing the list of the next semester's squad had taken longer than she anticipated. The two girls she had chosen and the two alternates, while not as good as Jennie, were at least up to her standards. Now, not only was Jennie done with all squad publicity, she was also done with any and all official business. She was finally free to enjoy the remaining two months of her senior year without the burden of being the spokesperson for the UCLA squad.

She didn't even have time to change and felt oddly self-conscious about meeting Rosé in her UCLA sweats and T-shirt. Jennie put that thought out of her mind as she reached the front door of The Bean. When she went in, she was greeted with a familiar sight. Rosé looked like she was asleep.

Jennie smiled and shook her head. She really couldn't understand how Rosé could even sleep with how noisy The Bean was at this time of day. She went to her table and quietly sat down without waking her sleeping student.

Jennie cleared her throat, "Ahem."

Rosé stirred. She could still hear the humming of people talking and the clatter of plates but the last noise she heard sounded different. It sounded closer.

Jennie reached over and lightly tapped Rosé on the top of her head.

Rosé jumped up when she felt someone touch her head. It took her a few seconds to remember where she was, when she did, she saw Jennie sitting in front of her with an amused smile on her face.

"Am I boring you already?" Jennie teased.

Rosé ran a hand through her hair and hoped the warm flush from embarrassment she felt wasn't noticeable, "Hi."