Chapter 20 - Slumber Party

Jennie looked in the mirror and took a breath

Jennie looked in the mirror and took a breath. She had washed her face, brushed her teeth, and even sprayed on some light body spray that was the same scent as the body wash she used. She remembered Rosé like that.

Jennie wasn't new to having a woman waiting for her in bed, but this was different. Very different. She put on her most serious face. "Listen," She told reflection, "Keep your hands to yourself. This isn't about sex, it's about being with her and making sure she's OK." She turned to leave then looked back in the mirror. "Don't fuck this up."

With one last look to make sure she looked good, she opened the bathroom door and smiled at the sight in from of her.

Rosé heard the door and put her phone away. She had sent Lisa a quick text message about Sir Paddington since Rosé knew he would be looking for her. She heard the door opened and looked up to see Jennie wearing white shorts and a tank top. This is really happening, she thought. She still couldn't believe she was sitting on Jennie's bed, waiting for Jennie to join her. She hoped that this wasn't some hallucination from hitting her head.

"Is this OK?" Rosé lightly patted the mattress in front of her. "I mean, me taking the left side. I know you're a righty, so I figured you sleep on the right, but if not then I'll just..."

"Rosie, it's fine," Jennie said as she walked to the bed, "You made the right call." She climbed on the bed and sat with her legs crossed, facing Rosé. "I feel like we're having a slumber party."

"We are!" Rosé shifted to face Jennie and mimicked her sitting. "Should we play spin the bottle or Truth or Dare?"

Jennie almost said yes to both games, but either one would probably lead to certain things she was trying desperately to avoid. It was going to be hard that was for sure. Jennie's gaze traveled all over Rosé's crossed legs, up to her chest and down her exposed arms. She really felt this need to reach out and touch...everywhere.

Rosé smiled and watched Jennie blatantly check her out. "You need to be more careful with your leering."

"What?" Jennie's head snapped up. "I'm...what?" Busted.

Rosé reached out with both hands and caressed Jennie's thighs. "You don't have to pretend you're not checking me out. You can check me out all you want."

"I wasn't..." Jennie wasn't sure why she felt like some dumb teenager all of a sudden. She was a grown woman who was simply admiring her...her what? Girlfriend? Almost girlfriend? Rosé.

Rosé was about to tease Jennie more when she saw the purplish bruise on Jennie's upper thigh where she had been shot. "Shit."

Jennie looked down at her bruise. "You got me good."

"I'm really sorry," Rosé said, wishing she could take it back. "I just...you went all crazy."

"Rosie, it's OK?" Jennie assured with a smile. "I did go crazy."