Chapter 3 - Cat Tent

*Rosé as the coordinator for the adoption event*

•••

Rosé took a deep breath. She scanned the football field of the university and smiled. It was 8:30 in the morning and people were putting the finishing touches on the adoption event.

"I did good," Rosé told herself.

Despite all her insecurities about helping to put this together, she did. Everything had been set up on time and without any major problems. This was a major confidence boost for Rosé and now she knew she could handle any big projects that came her way.

The football field was almost unrecognizable with tents, balloons, animal cages, and tarps all around. She really hoped many of these animals found homes.

Rosé looked over the updated volunteer list and read the names of the people that had agreed to help. She recognized a few names, but most were strangers to her.

Each university department had someone helping out for which Rosé was grateful. They needed all the help they could get. As she reached the bottom of the page, she spotted a name that surprised her.

Jennie Kim.

"That has to be a mistake," Rosé said to herself.

Now, reading her name on the volunteer list, Rosé wondered if she'd get to see the girl that had seen her fall asleep at a lecture. The thought of running into Jennie again made her queasy. Luckily, Rosé saw that Jennie was assigned to the dog section which Rosé wouldn't really be working in. She had managed to get Ashley to help her out and when Jennie came to sign in, Ashley would probably be the one she'd have to talk to.

Rosé let out a sigh of relief.

"Hey baby."

Rosé was snapped out of her thoughts by her boyfriend, Jaehyun Jeong.

"Hi," she said greeting him with a kiss.

"I'm here and ready to work," Jaehyun said, "What should I do?"

Rosé put her arm around his waist and began walking towards the main tent, "You, my sweet boyfriend, get to help process adoptions."

"You know," Jaehyun said, squeezing Rosé tighter, "Just because I'm your boyfriend doesn't mean you can't give me dirty jobs. I'll gladly pick up poop."

Rosé laughed, "If you really want to be on poop duty, I can totally give you that."

"Hmmm, well...how about I work the adoption tent first half and walk some dogs the second half?"

"Done."

Rosé had been dating Jaehyun for almost two years. He was sweet, nice and they had so much fun together. She cared for him a lot but lately, the relationship was starting to feel more like a friendship with sex.