Chapter Two

My new friends eyed Aaron and I curiously as we came back into to living room. We sat together holding hands and made small conversation.

All I could think of was: how long will Aaron be able to keep up with this act. It hurt me terribly that he couldn't stand being close to me. Sure this is an arranged marriage but I've known of a lot of them. My own cousin was married off and now she's happy and in love. Why can't it be the same with me? I know Aaron can't love me in such short period of time, I don't love him either, but we could at least give it a try. But that goes against everything he ordered.

"Food's ready." Rita came into view.

"We'll be right there." Aaron got up and so did all of us.

He grabbed my hand again and we lead my friends to the dining room.

"Please sit." Aaron smiled.

Was I the only one that noticed how he always ordered you to do something?

"God this is delicious." Greg moaned.

"Greg!" Leah scolded.

"I'll make sure to tell our cook how much you liked the food." Aaron smiled.

Doesn't his face hurt? He's not used to smiling this much.

"What do you guys usually do when you're alone?" Alice asked in that imprudent way of hers.

"Alice!" Leah shook her head and looked at us embarrassed. "Forgive her she didn't take her meds today."

The rest of the guys laughed and Jared even wiped away tears. Aaron frowned but smiled as soon as Alice looked at him.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"No, you didn't. Curiosity is not bad, when moderated." Aaron's smile vanished and he looked at Alice with that bored and indifferent gaze. The whole table went quiet.

Then he grinned in a blink of an eye. "We like to keep our private life that way, private."

"I-I'm sorry." Alice blinked and looked away.

"Why don't we get started on my work? I've got a lot to catch up to." I said cheerfully and sent a warning glare at Aaron.

"Of course!" Elliot got up with a jump.

"I can't wait to bury my head in numbers. Isn't calculus just beautiful?" Greg sighed and also stood up.

"I'll sit by Regan, I want to do a close study of what she writes. Don't want her making any mistakes." Jared winked.

Aaron cleared his throat and the smile was gone and I have a feeling it wont be coming back.

"I would take care on how you treat my wife, we don't-"

I placed a hand on Aaron's one and squeezed, making him look at me.

"I'm sure Jared was joking."

We stared at each other for what seemed like centuries and then Aaron sighed.

"I've got to run to the office. I'll see you tonight." he got up and placed a firm kiss on my lips and then my forehead. "You guys are welcomed anytime."

Aaron ran a hand down my hair and finally left.

That was way too touchy for him. Don't tell me he got jealous because of Jared's comment? The thought exited me. I mean, we're married. We're going to be married until we die, might as well enjoy the ride. Plus Aaron is really handsome and maybe, maybe, deep down he's got a soft spot.