Chapter Eleven

An unbelievable pain startled me back to reality as I let out a moan. My eyes felt heavy as I tried to keep them open. We must be moving because I feel like the world is swirling. Someone's cries made my head throb. The pressure on my abdomen sent streaks of pain everywhere.

"...pressure... going... please..." a feminine voice cried. I couldn't make what she was trying to say. I turned my head to the side as much as I could, my eyes met the back of a seat. Faint honking and curses made me want to smile for some unknown reason.

"Regan... Regan..." why is she chanting my name? I tried to open my mouth to ask just that but nothing came out. The effort was too much so I let the dark embrace me once again. At least there I wasn't in pain or uncomfortable, there wasn't as much noise.

When my eyes opened once more, there was no more darkness. Instead there was a bright light, making it hard for me to distinguish the figures above me. There was still noise and I felt achy.

Then I felt someone's hands on me. No. Several hands on me. I started to feel cold and that's when I came to the conclusion that I was being undressed. I tried to move my hands to stop theirs but it was a failed attempt. Warm tears slipped out of my eyes as I tried to shout at them.

No! Stop! Please stop!

"It's okay ma'am. Stay still, we're not going to hurt you."

"Someone to put her to sleep!"

I don't want to sleep. Stop this. Aaron! Aaron please help me. Aaron!

I kept screaming for him to come but he never did. He didn't show up. He didn't stop the people from doing whatever they were doing to me. He wasn't here.

All thoughts stopped as I, once again, went into a deep slumber.

I woke up to a conversation taking place. My eyes where closed but I could clearly hear them. I heard two male voices and a faint cry. What's going on?

"When will she wake up?" a voice that sounded strangely familiar demanded.

"We can't be sure. The abdomen wound isn't as serious as the one on her head, but still delicate. The knife luckily didn't pierce any vital organs. She did loose too much blood and in her already anemic state... it's truly a miracle she didn't die. But that's under control now. What we're worried about is her head. It seemed she'd already injured it and with this... You should be prepared for..."

"For what?"

"There's a possibility of amnesia. We can't be certain. All we can do is wait and hope for the best."

"Amnesia. Amnesia?! It's been a week and you're barely mentioning this?!" the same familiar voice growled in anger.

"Like I said, we can't be certain of her reaction. She may loose her memories before the accident. Perhaps she'll remember everything before a certain date and nothing after it. Or remember only what her subconscious lets her remember."

"She's going to be fine." another familiar voice, feminine this time, assured.

"Didn't you just hear what the doctor said? There's a high possibility she wont remember any of us! Now tell me, how is that fine?"

"I'm sorry."

And I finally managed to open my eyes. I was laying in a hospital bed, I'm sure it's a hospital from where the conversation went. Plus it smelled like a hospital.

In front of the bed stood a doctor, looking quite annoyed at the man next to him. A man that looked to be trying his best in not committing a homicide. Next to said man stood a worried looking woman, clutching his arm as if serving as a medium to contain.