Chapter Eight

We all gathered in the cafeteria for breakfast. I sat between Aaron and Elliot, with a plate of pancakes and scrambled eggs, bacon on the side of course. Aaron had gone for the same thing while Elliot had just a pile of pancakes in front of him.

Jared sat on the chair on the side of the table, with a plate full with scrambled eggs and bacon. Alice, Leah and Greg sat across from Aaron, Elliot and I. Leah and Alice shared a salad while Greg had a chicken sandwich.

Aaron and I drank coffee while the rest had a big cup of orange juice.

"We were thinking," Jared started, earning eager nods from Elliot and Greg. "That since its early and we're all full of energy, maybe we could go hiking."

All their heads turned to look at Aaron. Who seemed to enjoy having the last word. He let them suffer for a few minutes, not saying anything as everyone continued eating a bit gloomy.

"Alright." he finally said, making my friend's face go from miserable to ecstatic. "But," my friends groaned. "We're going to town to grab some food."

The guys visibly relaxed when they noticed it was just that what Aaron wanted. They really felt wary around him. Always thinking he was going to ruin their plans.

It turned out we had to let Mr. Parker know where we were going. But first we all had to dress properly. Elliot, Greg and Jared went into their cabin while Alice, Leah, Aaron and I did the same.

Alice and Leah started undressing right beside their beds, Aaron had his back to them. After grabbing his clothes, he went inside the bathroom to change more appropriately.

I changed into a pair of faded blue jeans, using a belt just in case. Then I slipped a plain white blouse on, I tied the necklace Aaron had given me around my neck. I proceeded to change my sandals for a pair of tennis shoes. And decided to pull my hair into a pony tail.

I turned around and the girls were wearing something similar to myself. Alice had black jeans on with a bright pink blouse while Leah had brown jeans and a white blouse on. Both wore tennis shoes and had their duffle bag in their hand. I followed example.

Seconds later Aaron came out of the bathroom wearing a pair of jeans with a white shirt on. We matched.

"Let's go. We still have to stop by the office, grab food and start the trip. I want to be back before dawn." Aaron voiced his thoughts, taking the duffle bag from me so I could wear messenger bag. I guess we're storing food there too. The duffle bag was filled with blankets, a first aid kit that Fuller said was essential in places like these, also a change of clothes for Aaron and I. I think there was even a bottle of liquor in there.

"What did Fuller pack in here?" Aaron asked as we walked out of the cabin, waiting for the guys to come out of theirs.

"You don't want to know." I chuckled.

Moments later Elliot, Jared and Greg came out of their cabin. All wearing similar outfits as us. Each with a duffle bag.

We started making our way to the office. Aaron was a bit reluctant about letting people know of his every move. But I think it was more likely the fact that he was sort of asking permission. He's used to ordering people and stating facts, never really having to ask permission to do something. Much less ask permission from our P.E. teacher, who I know Aaron dislikes.

As we all entered the office, our teacher was sitting behind a desk. He was eating, it looked awful and he was enjoying every bit of it.

"Mr. Scarlatti, what can I do for you?" Mr. Parker ignored the rest of us.

We all crowded the room. There were already two students, and a person I didn't recognize, inside the office.

"I'm taking them to town and we're going hiking." Aaron stated.