Epilogue

"Are you sure you're up for this?" Aaron asked for the hundredth time.

"Yes, I'm sure." I didn't roll my eyes because I'm applying mascara and I don't want to mess anything up.

"All I'm saying is that I can go by myself. You can stay home and I'll be back in no time."

This time I turned to look at my husband, he was standing a few feet away from our bedroom door, dressed in a very sexy midnight blue suit that made his eyes look even more beautiful. He'd shaved and I still am not used to it. And his body, he's been going to the gym regularly for months and oh my, was he looking better and better. But back to his eyes, there was genuine worry in them.

"Aaron, I'm already dressed, my hair is done and I'm just lipstick away from being ready. Stop trying to convince me to stay." I got up and started walking towards him slowly.

"But you're," he motioned at my body with his hand, as if that explained everything going through that stubborn head of his.

"After six years of being married to you honey, I still can't read your mind." I shook my head and stopped at arms length from him. "Is my dress too much? Do I need something more revealing? Am I fat?"

"You're not fat! And no, nothing more revealing, I don't want anyone's traveling where they shouldn't!" he sighed and placed his hand on my belly. "You're almost due, that's what is worrying me."

"We'll be fine," I smiled, placing my left hand on top of his on my belly. "It's just a couple of hours; plus, I'm due in a month. There're still some weeks left for this two. And this is an important event, I'll go now that I can still move."

"I just, I wouldn't forgive myself if something happened to you." There was so much pain behind those words. I completely understand why.

"Look at me Aaron," I placed both hands to his cheeks and waited until he was staring into my eyes. "I know you're scared, I know. You know what I also know? That we'll be just fine. We're fine right now, we'll be okay when I go into labor and we'll definitely be okay afterwards. There is no way you're ever getting rid of me or our children, do you hear me? We're going to be okay."

Instead of answering he kissed me. So much emotion from one kiss, so many promises, so much fear, that it made my heart beat faster and my eyes fill with tears. I didn't let myself cry, instead I held on to my husband. I held on even after he stopped kissing me, I held on when he hugged me, I held on even when Rita came and told us we had to go or we'll be late. I held on until Aaron felt okay to let go.

"I love you Regan." He placed a soft kiss to my lips and then lowered himself enough to kiss my very swollen belly. "And I love you two."

"I love you." I smiled, "And they love you too."

He straightened up and we looked at each other several seconds before he grinned.

"Can you put lipstick on our way there?"

Just like that we were making our way downstairs rapidly, well as fast as I could with heels and an eight month twin belly making me have trouble looking down at the steps.

In the end, we made it to the event just in time for it to start. There were some speeches, some music, dinner and then it was all left to mingling. Talking to people, trying to convince them why they should consider doing this or that, and meeting with old friends.

Kind of.

"Regan, look at you! You're enormous!" Angela Ridgeway said in a tone that didn't make the statement sound as a positive thing.

Gosh, I'm not fat. I'm carrying two lives inside of me, what did she expect?

"Hello Angela." I greeted her with a handshake since she didn't seem to want to get to close. Its as if she though pregnancy is contagious.