Chapter Thirteen

After that little incident with the headache, the doctor had ordered everyone to leave the room. Well, nearly everyone. Aaron refused to leave my side.

The doctor came down to the conclusion that the headache was normal, that it was just my brain trying to remember things. Well if remembering required me to feel like a car was passing over my head several times... I don't want to remember at all.

For some reason, I was quite disappointed that everyone had left. I might nor remember but they were all very entertaining and nice people.

Aaron was speaking on the phone with Fuller, our butler. I can't believe we have one. But of course we would. My parents had one when we were all still living together. Of course Aaron would hire one.

I tried to pay attention to what Aaron was saying, fighting off the medicine that was trying to subdue me into sleep.

"...yes. I want all of my wife's things placed in my room. Make space. Yes Fuller, everything. Make sure to change the bed sheets to something more.... Yes, exactly that. No, it's not temporary. We'll be sharing a room from now on, so yes I want everything of hers in our bedroom. Clean the previous room and make it a guest's. Thank you Fuller. Please keep an eye on Laurel. No alcohol or anything that can harm the baby." Aaron ran a hand through his hair. "Around noon, so make sure everything's ready by then."

"We don't share a room." I stated once Aaron had placed his phone in his pocket.

"We do now."

"Why?"

"Because I promised to be a better husband. Married couples share a room and a bed. So we'll do just that." Aaron explained as I fought to keep my eyes open.

"Aaron?"

"Yes?"

"Have we made love?"

There was a long pause. I glance up to meet his eyes. He was frowning at me. Worry all over his face.

"No we haven't."

"Oh."

"Regan, how much do you remember? Regarding our relationship."

"We got married..." I trailed off and couldn't fight sleep anymore.

I was finally out of the hospital. In my memory I'd only been there for three days, to everyone else I'd been there for little over two weeks. It made sense because I felt really sore and tired of laying on my back.

"This place is beautiful." I stared in awe as we stood outside our house. It resembled something like a mansion, perhaps a castle. The inside was even more amazing to look at. Everything seemed to be from a different age. I loved it. "It seems we got a thing for the antique." I said looking at all the furniture. It was a mixture of the modern and the antique. Very well balanced, otherwise it'll look very strange.

"Sir, your room is ready." A man who looked old enough to be my father or someone's granddad, walked down the stairs wearing a black uniform. "We're glad to have you back, ma'am. Prayed every night for your health."

I didn't know what to say so I just offered a small smile and a nod.

"Thank you Fuller. I'll take my wife up. Please prepare something light for her to eat and coffee for me." Aaron's voice was firm but had a sort of friendly and respectful tone.

"Yes, sir." Fuller bowed his upper half two inches and walked away.

"Hey!" I let out in a gasp as Aaron swept me up my feet, literally, and started up the stairs. "I hit my head not break my spine. I can walk."