Chapter Three

While Aaron, Keith and Ben talked about business I sat with Kara. Ellie went to grab us some dessert. And Aaron was right, as he usually is, Kara is really shy. How did she marry Keith is beyond me. She seems to adore him.

"Was it always like this for you?" Kara finally asked.

"Like what?"

"The rush of feelings. How easy the love came. All the sweet things. Keith is very sweet and always gives me a rose. Every time I wake up he is there next to me with a big smile on his face, as if I'm the best thing that's ever happened to him. It's just too good to be true." Kara sighed.

I felt a pang of jealousy hit me as I noticed how I didn't have any of that. But as Aaron said, we have to fake to be the perfect couple. No one must know that we didn't like each other. Sure there were a lot of arranged marriages and well, you didn't always get along with your partners. But I think that we were the only ones who weren't at least friends or that we didn't even try to. No, Aaron didn't try to. He can promise all he wants but I have a feeling that I disgust him and that wounded me deeply.

"Well, Aaron and I have only been together a week so I wouldn't know how everything will go in the future." I smiled at Kara.

"But you don't feel like a rush of feelings? Your heart beating faster when you're close to him?" Kara frowned at me. "You two look like you're in love. Very much in love."

"Of course. I mean, why wouldn't I feel all those things? I love him. What I meant that I'm not the best to ask for advise, I haven't been married long enough."

"So you do love him?" Kara looked at me somewhat excitedly.

"Yes, I love Aaron. How more obvious do you want me to put it girl?" I chuckled.

I heard a clear of a throat and when I turned I saw Aaron looking at me with a frown on his face, Ben smiling sweetly and Keith eyeing Kara adoringly. If only Aaron looked at me like that.

"Like I said, you've got yourself a jewel Aaron." Ellie smiled and placed desserts in front of us.

Aaron just smiled but didn't comment on it.

I sighed and closed my eyes as the headache started to come back. Oh no. No right now. I need to stop stressing and over thinking things or these headaches won't go away.

"Your head." Aaron stated as he came closer.

"I'm..." I let out a low groan and unconsciously leaned onto his side, my head resting on his hip since he was standing.

"What's wrong with her Aaron? Should I call a doctor?" Ellie sounded worried.

"Are you okay?" Aaron surprised me by placing a gentle hand on my face, he sat down and let my head rest on his chest.

"Can we go home? Please." I whispered so only he could hear.

"Of course." he whispered back and helped me stand up. "We'll be leaving early. Regan doesn't feel good."

"Don't worry honey, please let us know when she's feeling better." I heard Ellie say.

"Will do. It was a pleasure dining with you guys." Aaron said as we started walking towards the main entrance.

"Maybe next time we'll meet at your place." Keith grinned over a cup of wine and then looked at me in concern. "Hope you feel better Regan."

"Thank you." I smiled as I held tightly to Aaron's arm since I started feeling dizzy.

Skipping meals and the lack of sleep are going to be at the top of my not-to-do list.

"You should let her sleep more, Aaron. Having sex all night isn't-"