Chapter Seven

"I didn't know you could dance like that." Alice stared at Aaron dreamily, making me a bit uncomfortable. Alright, I was a bit jealous. I have a right to when any woman looks at my husband that way.

But I did notice how Aaron's eyes become a bit cold and distant when he's talking to someone else. When he looks at me, there's a slight softness to them. I'm not saying that he gets all dreamy eyed and that love radiates from them. I won't fool myself. But he does look at me with a bit more care. That's a big step for me.

All I want is that he cares from me. Maybe he'll love me someday and I'll love him too. But as of right now, I wanted him to care for me as much as I cared for him. And since this trip started I've gotten a step closer to accomplishing just that.

"I didn't know you could even dance at all." Greg shook his head amazed.

"Those moves were sick." Jared grinned at my husband.

Everyone was surprised that Aaron danced, that he laughed, that he was still smiling and probably still thinking about the kiss we set on display.

Almost everyone at school knows we're married, but sharing a kiss like that in public made me a tad bit uncomfortable. Now whenever I looked at someone, they wiggled their eyebrows at me and their eyes went into suggestive mode.

It felt intrusive.

And like Aaron said, we were raised differently. So I didn't understand why he put that in display.

God, I'm giving a kiss-- a mind melting kiss-- too much thought.

Instead I decided to focus on the conversation before me.

"I seriously thought you were too cool to even bother listening to this sort of music, let alone dance to it." Leah admitted with a blush.

"Your husband is full of surprises Regan." Alice wiggled her eyebrows at me, making me give an awkward cough.

"Enough talk. Lets party! It's our last year!" Jared cheered and pulled Alice away to dance. Greg did the same with Leah while Elliot was following Jess around.

Aaron and I sat down on the log.

"I don't think I can move." I commented. "All that food and then the dancing. I'll gladly go into a coma for a week."

"I didn't peg you for the lazy sort." Aaron said as he looked down at me. The laugh from his eyes and mouth were gone, replaced by a curious glance.

"I have my moments. Or are you going to tell me you don't doze off at the office from now and then?" of course I was only joking but he surprised me by blushing just a little. I think it was a blush, it was dark so I couldn't be a hundred percent sure. But he did avert his eyes.

"Oh my god! You do!" I teased.

"I do not." he paused, winced and looked back at me. "Okay maybe it happened once or twice but that was when--" he cut himself off, a sad and pained emotion crossed his eyes, going away in a blink.

I opened my mouth to ask what it was but, of course, our night couldn't be made without the insufferable, nosy, annoying trio didn't make an appearance.

"That was quite a kiss." one said.

It had me thinking, I really need to ask the guys how they differentiate them. It's so annoying not knowing who is who.

"You know, if you get bored of her, we're always available. Our cabin is just a few away from yours. We're with the yellow group." the second exact replica smiled flirtatiously.

"Now I know where not to go." Aaron pulled up that cold and distant attitude. The one that came with the I-don't-care-if-you-die-as-long-as-you-don't-bother-me look, along with the go-away-I-don't-have-time-for-you. Yeah, he has many kinds of looks. It's the only way to describe them. And boy where they effective? He made you feel like an insect who shouldn't had even bothered to survive this long.