Chapter Twenty-Two

Sharing lunch with my husband outside of our home was really nice. We talked about everything and anything. Aaron was smiling and laughing more and it made me wonder if I hadn't been on the verge of never waking up, would he be giving our marriage a try. But I didn't want to ruin the good mood by asking him. Perhaps another time.

Things got way better when we got home as he made slow love to me. He was so sweet and gentle and it made my heart sore. Afterwards he held me close and I felt asleep with the sound of his heartbeat.

In the morning we took a shower together and it ended with me pressed against the wall and Aaron holding me up as he pleasured both of us.

"We're going to be late." Aaron said as we quickly changed.

"You say it as if its my fault." I pulled the green dress over my head and let it fall down to my mid thigh. My hair still wet and loose. I decided against make up since Aaron was right, we were running late. We didn't even have time for breakfast.

"It sort of is." he said while looking at himself in the mirror doing his tie. "You didn't have to look sexy while rinsing off shampoo."

The statement made me laugh and I placed a kiss to his cheek.

"See you after school? You are coming home for dinner right?" I asked as I grabbed my bag, making sure my laptop was in there together with wallet and phone.

"Yes. I already told Arlene to make sure I have lunch free, if possible to keep it that way for as long as we can."

"Arlene." I made a face.

"I can let her go and hire a new assistant." he turned to look at me. Why is he so damn handsome?

"No," I shook my head for emphasis. "Its just, I don't trust her but I don't want you to fire her."

"She already knows that if she's out of line one more time I'll have her out of the building and looking for a new job in a second." he assured me with a light kiss on the lips. "I'm not a cheater."

Those words triggered something in me. In my memories. It wasn't clear enough but I remembered hearing those words before.

"I know." I smiled. "We should go, I don't want detention and I don't want to make you look bad for arriving late."

He rolled his eyes at that and we walked down the stairs and out the front door of our home with Fuller wishing us a good day with a big smile.

Aaron stopped me to give me a goodbye kiss that had my head spinning and my knees weakening.

"Have a good day." He smiled and went to get in his car.

The smile on my face wouldn't disappear as I got on the backseat of my car.

Will started driving to school.

I was excited and nervous for today. With my friends coming to my house with pictures and stories and memories I needed to get back, it was normal to feel anxious.

"You don't need to follow me inside, Zeke. It's okay." I told my bodyguard as he started walking after me on my way inside the school.

"I'll just accompany you to your locker, ma'am."

What was I thinking? There was no way that he would give in. There was no point in trying.

Once in front of my locker and with Jared and Greg next to me, we stared at Zeke's retreating figure. Every step he took oozed power.

"Quite the character." Greg said in a tone of admiration.

"Agreed." Jared spared the man one last glance and then turned his attention back to me. "How's everything going?"