Chapter Ten

The first thing I did after we got home was go to my room so I could call Elliot. I sat down on my bed waiting for him to pick up. I nearly ended the call but I finally heard his voice.

"Regan, how are you?"

"I'm good." I heard music on the background so I'm guessing he's at the bonfire. God, the day went by like a blur. "How are you guys holding up?"

"Fred is great. We're having fun. But enough about us. How did everything go? Is Aaron's sister okay? We saw you guys in the news. I have to admit you guys make quite a trio. She looked about to pass out, Aaron seemed ready to kill and you looked like a beaten wife." I winced at the description. "Sorry." he said after noticing my silence and maybe going back on his own words.

"It's okay. I just hope they don't start thinking Aaron beats me. The doctor even dared to ask that and I don't think he believed me."

"Well, your husband does look scary. To be completely honest I was quite surprised when you introduced us." Elliot let out a chuckle and the background chanter and music had dimmed.

"I was a bit surprised and slightly impressed at his personality when I first met him. He does gives off this sort of powerful sort of aura." I don't even know why I was telling Elliot this.

"Yeah, so how's the sister?"

"Laurel's doing alright. She doesn't want to be here. A doctor's going to come check her every week or two. And we'll just have to deal with her rage once she starts noticing that we're not feeding her junk or giving her liquor."

"Sounds though. I wouldn't want to live with her. You can come over to my place anytime you want to relax." I could just see the mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Thanks. I'd take that into consideration." I chuckled.

"Just if you promise that Aaron wont kill me. The man is very possessive of you." Elliot said in a more serious tone that put me on guard.

"You're seeing things. Aaron's like any other husband out there." I knew I was lying. Aaron wasn't like any other man because any other husband would be happy with their wife. Most anyways.

A knock on the door had me telling Elliot to give me a moment as I let Rita into the room.

"Mr. Scarlatti wants to know if you'll be having dinner with him."

"Tell him I'll be right down. And I'd like a chicken salad, please."

Rita nodded and walked out of the room.

"Elliot I have to go. See you guys on Monday."

"Of course. I'll give you a call tomorrow. Alice went through the pictures she took, you're going to love them. Well bye!"

"Have fun." I smiled and ended the call.

I left the phone in my room as I went down to the dining room. Aaron was already sitting, a plate with a half eaten hamburger laid in front of him. I took the seat to his right and raised an eyebrow at him.

"I wanted to see which hamburger was better. Our cook wins by a long shot." Aaron explained seriously after taking a sip of his wine.

"Right." I started to tease but decided against it. "Where's Laurel?"

"She didn't want to eat with us so she went to her room. I sent Cindy with her dinner and she isn't to leave until Laurel has eaten everything on the tray."

I nodded a thanks to Rita as she placed my dinner in front of me and served me a cup of wine. Once she left I turned to Aaron who was eyeing my dinner hungrily. I pushed my plate closer to him and he didn't hesitate to grab a bite. When he offered a piece of his hamburger, I refused and he scowled at me. In turn making me chuckle at his behavior.