Chapter Twenty

I have to admit I was a tad bit sad to be leaving. Of course I wanted to be back home, I wanted to talk to my friends and see if I could remember something new. But I also didn't want to leave the sense of calm and freedom I felt here. The fresh wind running through my hair and the noises of the horses.

Speaking of horses, I didn't really got to ride one. I'm a coward, I know. I'd come here completely sure of riding a horse before leaving, but upon seeing how enormous and dangerous they looked I decided to leave it for another time.

We had all of our luggage on the trunk of the car and we were ready to go.

Paula, Sophia, Minerva and Peter were outside to say their goodbyes.

"Perhaps you'll be able to visit us more often now." Paula smiled at Aaron and then at me.

"I'm out of school in a month and a half. Maybe we can come then?" I made it a question while looking at Aaron who slipped his hand on the small of my back to pull me closer and kiss my temple.

"If not then we'll be here when the foal is born." I grinned at that and he continued. "Peter you're in charge and if you need anything you know where to call. Also, Sophia you're in charge of the house. If anyone gives you problems, you just have to call and we'll fix it."

Everyone looked surprised. So it seemed Minerva was always the one in charge? Because she seemed beyond pissed.

"It's not up to discussion." Aaron said in that definite tone of his as Minerva started to protest. "If you give Sophia a reason to call me, I'll fire you. Don't even for a second doubt that I know the incident at the party wasn't an accident. You've got the nerve to think you could boss my wife in her own home, to try and embarrass her in front of many friends. And that it's not going unpunished. Your salary will be cut and you will no longer live here." His tone was hard and so was his expression. There was no room for debate. "Peter help Minerva move her things to the maids rooms behind the house."

"Yes, sir."

Aaron checked his watch. "We should get going. I want to be home before dinner."

"Have a safe trip."

"We wish you a good recover, miss. Hopefully you'll remember soon." this time Sophia smiled at me genuinely.

Minerva just stood there with her eyes on the ground and shoulders tense. I never really got to talk to her. She was a stubborn woman and I don't know how she managed to snap at me and avoid me at the same time. But that was all going to be left behind. I was going back and I knew there were people there who actually liked my company. And now I also know Aaron wants me.

We'd talked after the party and the morning after that. He explained everything to me in more details in the hope of trying to make me remember something. He told me about his rules, my outbursts, his indifference. It all seemed foreign to me because he seemed so different from what he was telling me. But sadly I didn't remember anything. It was more actions that had an effect on me. A similar thing we were doing that suddenly reminded me of something I'd lived already. So we only hoped time would piece everything together.

We nodded out thanks and we were soon driving away from all the green and fresh air.

"You didn't have to do that, you know?"

"Do what?" Aaron questioned as he kept his eyes on the road, driving steady away from relaxation.

"Kick Minerva out, lower her pay check, leave Sophia in charge instead of her."

"I did it because she deserved some sort of punishment. I warned her that if she kept it up I'll fire her. So I gave her another chance but with a price. She can't just believe she can do whatever she wants in our home, treat you like nothing when you're everything. I don't know what led her to believe she ruled and was still in charge of everything even with you there. Your orders have the same weight as mine. And she needs to know that her actions have consequences. Plus Sophia is more mature than her so it's only natural for her to be in charge now, while we're away."