Chapter Twenty-Five

It was just my undying luck to be struggling with my hair.

I had everything else covered and perfect.

My make up was done, nothing too heavy since I found out Aaron likes a more natural look. I had on the simple but beautiful jewelry making a great contrast with the midnight blue gown dress Aaron had picked. It was a strapless and went down beautifully. The heels barely visible but still coordinated with the whole outfit.

And my hair just wouldn't cooperate.

"Regan, what is taking you so long? Aaron's waiting for-" Laurel barged into my room and stopped dead on her tracks once she took a look at me.

"I can't do my hair." I was on the verge of tears and sounded like a child. At the moment it didn't matter.

I simply couldn't go to an event like this with my hair looking like a poorly made bird nest. I couldn't.

"Don't cry or you'll ruin your makeup." Laurel scolded. "Now sit down, I'll tame this mess."

And really she was sent by the Gods. Or well, by an impatient Aaron.

The best thing was that in less than ten minutes she had my hair up in a messy bun with a side braid and whatever hair that stuck out she curled. It actually looked good.

"Thank you so much!" It surprised us both when I stood up and hugged her.

"Whatever." Laurel pulled back and rolled her eyes. "Just promise that when you have an event, just invite her husband."

"Will do." I grinned and grabbed my handbag. Everything I needed was inside of it and now I was ready to go.

With another hug I left Laurel and hurried down the stairs to meet Aaron.

He wore a nice tux. It made him look very sexy but of course I didn't say this out loud.

"You look beautiful." Aaron smiled at me.

"You don't look too bad yourself." At that Aaron rolled his eyes and we walked out of the house side by side.

To be honest, I loved how our relationship was now. More comfortable, easy, relaxed. I didn't have to worry if what I said was going to make him dislike me. Or if I ashamed him. Or any negative stuff.

Yes, sometimes I second thought things because I felt like it was immature. He was older and I felt that sometimes I could say things that he wouldn't appreciate. But that was something I needed to get over. Up until now he hadn't talked to me about it, he hung out with us at the camp --which was filled with teenagers, mind you-- and he seemed okay with it all.

So I guess it was fair to say our relationship was different.

"Are you alright?" Aaron asked me.

When did we get inside the car?

"Yes." I smiled and he held my hand reassuringly.

The rest of the drive was in comfortable silence. Which was another thing I greatly appreciated. The way we could stay quiet and it wont be awkward. How we didn't have so say anything.

And I also craved those little unconscious touches.

A brush of fingertips against skin, absentmindedly playing with the fingers of my hand, the soft pressure of a kiss on my hand or temple. The gentle and reassuring hand on the small of my back.

I was a walking host of butterflies. They never left my stomach when Aaron was around.

"We're here." Aaron announced, took a deep breath and stepped out of the car. Held out a hand for me to take as I followed.