Friends

The bell finally rang, signaling that school was over. You stood up from your desk and grabbed your bookbag. You walked to the ground floor of the school and walked outside, leaving the building behind. You walked towards the gates and found Josuke and Koichi talking. 

   " Hey, Koichi, Josuke. "

   " Hey, Y/n. How was class? " Josuke asked.

   " Not too bad. What about you two? "

   " Not bad at all. " Koichi said.

   " My opinion is the same as yours, Y/n. Well, since Y/n's here now we'll be heading off, Koichi. " Josuke said, looking back at him.

   " Bye, Koichi. See you tomorrow. "

Josuke walked to your side, and the both of you started walking away from the school, but Koichi's voice stopped you both from walking.

   " Hey, can you both wait for a moment? "

   " Why don't you come with us? I'm sure you don't want to be standing at the school all day as we talk. " You said.

   " Sure, thanks. "

We started walking away from the school, and Koichi explained to us his thoughts on the situation earlier with Jotaro. He seemed to be really interested in the situation, and I couldn't help but want to look into it too.

   " I see, you want to hear what that Jotaro guy has to say don't you? "

   " I can't get it out of my mind. It's happening in our backyard. " Koichi replied.

   " Admirable of you to care. But I'll pass. "

   " Why? Aren't you interested to hear more about your father, his life, or possibly the killer he was talking about earlier? " I asked.

   " And you are? Look I was curious about the whole thing at first but when I thought about it I figured it would be best to keep clear of this whole love child fiasco. "

   " How come? " Koichi asked.

   " Well, things are fine the way they are. So, in my opinion why try to fix what ain't broke? "

   " Yeah, I get it. "

   " But what will you do when Mr. Joestar passes and leaves a third of his inheritance to you? " You asked.

   " I'll deal with it then. I'm not going to worry about it now. If it's enough I can pay you back for the times you've payed when we went out to eat. " Josuke said, looking down at you with a small smile.

   " I told you not to worry about that. Take it as a gift. "

   " Nope. I'm paying you back somehow, Y/n. "

   " Forgive me for asking, but are you two. . .dating? " Koichi asked.

   " No, we're not. We've been best friends for a while now. Practically since we were toddlers. " You replied.

   " So, that's why you two are so comfortable around each other. "

   " Yeah, we've been best friends for way too long. "

   " I just assumed you two were because you look extremely close and then you mentioned getting food together and other stuff. How do the girls around school take it? "

   " They've accepted it by now. Because they see me as a go-between. They give me love letters and ask me to tell Josuke stuff and I do it. So, they're fine with it for now. "

Josuke only nodded at your statement and kept his head forward. He could feel a slight pain in his head forming along with a pain in his chest. He looked down at you and felt a smile come to his face. No matter what state he was in, whenever he looked at you, it would cause him to smile. He didn't care to look into the reason, and he assumed it was because you were always there for him.