Angelo the Rock

The sun rose in the sky, and with it, you rose due to your alarm clock ringing. You got out of bed and prepared for school. You did your regular morning routine, but you skipped breakfast and left to go to Josuke's house. Everything was calm as you walked down the street, but there was something different when you walked up to the house. Jotaro was parked outside of his house, waiting.

   " Good morning Jotaro. What are you doing here early in the day? "

   " Josuke called and said he caught the water stand. What about you? "

   " Josuke and I usually walk to school together. "

   " I see. "

   " Has Josuke come out at all? "

   " No, he hasn't. "

   " Let's go inside then, I know where the spare key is. "

   " How long have you two known each other? " Jotaro asked, walking beside me.

   " Since we were toddlers. His mom would take care of me sometimes because my parents would be away for work. "

When I got to the door of the house, I lifted the flower pot up and swiped the key with my foot from underneath it. I set the flower pot back down and picked up the key. I unlocked the door and walked inside. I didn't see Josuke in the kitchen, but when I looked in the living room, I could see him hovering over his grandfather. 

   " Josuke? "

Josuke turned to look up at Jotaro and me, but his grandfather was still unresponsive. I didn't see his chest moving either. He looked completely fine, but he just wasn't responsive. I walked over and sat on my knees beside Mr. Higashikata. I grabbed his wrist to check for a pulse, but when I pressed my fingers against his wrist, I felt nothing. I felt a slight pain in my chest, realizing that the old guy wasn't with us anymore. I knew JOtaro was talking to Josuke about his stand and his power, but I couldn't hear it. I could only stare down at Mr. Higashikata, with tears in the corners of my eyes. While Josuke and I were raised together under his mother, his grandfather would play with us, and he would watch over us as we grew up. I felt a hand being placed on my shoulder, and I looked up to see Jotaro looking down at me. His eyes went from me to the window, and I looked to see Josuke standing at the window. Of course, he looked serious, but behind his eyes, I could tell he wanted to cry. I nodded and stood up from the ground. I walked over to Josuke and pulled him in for a hug. I wrapped my arms around his waist and brought him closer to me, and embraced him. He relaxed immediately and hugged me back tightly. I knew that neither of us had the intention of going to school today and that Josuke wouldn't want me leaving his side for a little while. I stayed with him while his mother planned the funeral, and during the service, I was with him. But once it was over, he and Jotaro had a serious type of aura around them.

   " Y/n. "

   " Yes? "

The funeral had ended, and Tomoko left the house to visit some relatives. You turned around to face Josuke, waiting to hear what he has to say.

   " Can you go home? "

   " Are you sure? I don't want to leave knowing everything that happened. I want to be able to cheer you up. "

   " It's not about that, Y/n. I said I was going to protect you and I mean it. Mr. Jotaro and I are planning to defeat Angelo and his stand. I can't have you here because he will kill you. You can't see stands and I don't want you to get hurt or killed, so please go home. And don't drink anything that's not out of a bottle. I'll call you when everything has been taken care of. Until that call be watchful of everyone and only drink from bottles. Don't come to the house to walk to school with me either. I'll be staying inside until it's over. "