Waking up Differently

' Why does everything hurt? '

The world around you felt muggy and you felt a lot of pain. You slowly started to sit up and you placed your hand to rub your head. Your throat hurt especially, but you didn't feel any injuries. 

   " What happened? "

You opened your eyes and looked around, but there wasn't much to see. You were in a room that looked old and dusty. The windows were boarded up on one side and there were cobwebs everywhere. In front of you sat Koichi who was smiling, brightly at you, and Josuke who looked almost to tears.

   " Hey! You're awake! " Koichi said with joy lacing his tone.

Koichi hugged you and pulled away, and Josuke hugged you next. He squeezed you tightly and placed his head on your shoulder. 

   " I'm glad to see you're okay! I thought I wasn't going to make it in time and-"

   " Woah, hold up there pretty boy. What happened? The last thing I remember was getting shot and then seeing the sky before passing out. "

   " Well, the man inside shot you with an arrow and dragged you in the old house we were walking beside before. Then while I was fighting his brother, Okuyasu, he shot Koichi and dragged him in here. I found Koichi first and I'm glad I found you. I'm sorry I didn't protect you from-"

   " Where is the man who shot us? "

   " Huh? I don't know. He's somewhere around that house. "

   " Then, we can save the worries for later. RIght now I say we get out of here. "

   " Trust me all I want to do is walk down those stairs and leave this place behind. " Josuke said pointing to the stairs outside of the room we were in.

   " But I'm not sure Okuyasu's brother will let us off that easily. " He continued.

A noise from upstairs caused Josuke's mouth to close. You looked up at the ceiling and listened to the noise. It wasn't a cat or any kind of animal. It sounded like someone had stumbled and knocked something over. Josuke stood up and reached inside of his pocket to grab something. I took notice that he had a bandage around his hand, and I knew that I had to ask him about it later. When he found what he was looking for he pulled out a lighter and lit it, holding it up to the wall.

   ' When did he get a lighter? '

I looked along the wall and spotted something. There was something small running along one of the beams in the room. I couldn't tell exactly what it was but by the look on Josuke's face, I knew it wasn't friendly. 

   " Josuke, what's going on here? " Koichi asked standing up beside Josuke. 

I stood up with the two and looked around the room, feeling millions of eyes on my back. 

   " Y/n, Koichi. I know you just woke up and none of this makes sense but for now I need you to stay quiet and stay close to me. "

Josuke grabbed my shoulder and stood in front of me while I stood in front of Koichi. Koichi held on to my clothes as he looked around the room and I did the same thing to Josuke's clothes. I saw a figure form in front of Josuke, and it was floating in front of him.

   ' Where did he come from!? '

The man was purple and pink, and his body was fit beyond belief. His fists were clenched at his sides, and he stood protectively in front of Josuke. I looked back up at the beam to see the tiny figure move again and I recognized it as a little mini toy soldier. But he was aiming his gun at us.