Morning Tea

You said goodbye to your parents before they drove away from the house and the airport to get on another flight for work. Once their car was out of sight, you started walking away from your home. You walked through the streets, going past Josuke and Okuyasu's house. You didn't talk to them ever since they started their plan to use Shigechi's Harvest to get more money. You still didn't agree with their idea, and you didn't have any interest in going on dates with Josuke, knowing he would useShigechi's money to pay for it. You still talked to Koichi, and he had told you that Yukako was still following him. He said he could spot her around corners just looking at him, and he was starting to get creeped out. The wind blew through your hair as you walked the streets with comfortable clothes on. You knew where you were going, and when the house came in sight, you smiled a little. You walked up the stairs and knocked on the door. 

   ' Usually he's an early bird. He should be awake, unless he wanted to get some more rest since it's Saturday. '

You waited a couple of seconds, and the door finally opened. The door was pulled into the house a little, and then it opened wider, revealing who you had come to visit.

   " Morning, Rohan. "

   " Good morning, dear. You never visit me this early. It's in the early evenings after school usually. "

   " I just thought I would come by and visit. I don't have anything to do today, and I wanted to come check up on your wounds and see how they were. "

   " Please come in. "

You stepped inside Rohan's house, and he shut the door behind you.

   " I hope I'm not interrupting anything. "

   " You never do, surprisingly. I'm always done with my work when you visit or I haven't started yet. "

   " Good to hear. Are your injuries healed? "

   " Most of them. I feel fine, but sometimes I'll feel pain in my legs or arms if I move them too much. "

You nodded, and Rohan gestured to the kitchen, and you followed him. He started to make tea, and he walked to his fridge and pulled out a plate with different cheeses, meats, and fruits.

   "  We can eat and drink some tea as we talk. I can tell something is troubling you, dear. "

   " Okay, where do you want to eat? "

   " Set the tray on the table outside on the deck. The tea should be done in a couple minutes and I'll come outside and sit with you. "

   " Okay. "

You picked up the plate and walked towards the front door. You walked outside and spotted the table he was talking about. It would face the road, and there was plenty of room to move around. Both chairs were sitting beside the railing between the house and the bushes. You set the tray on the table and pulled one of the chairs away from the table so that you could sit down. When you sat down, you took a deep breath and let the air exit through your nose as you looked to the sidewalk. The wind was calm, but it would blow against your skin, making you feel serene. The early morning weather was peaceful.

   " Here is the tea. "

Rohan set a teacup in front of you, and he sat down across from you setting his teacup in front of him on the table. 

   " So, what troubles you, dear? "

   " I guess. . .it's Josuke. "

   " That brute? What has he done? " Rohan said with an aggravated tone. 

   " We met a new stand user. His name is Shigechi and his stand can multiply. His stand is small enough to crawl between very small places. He uses his stand to collect spare change that has been dropped from pedestrians, and he's got a fair amount of money because of it. But when we saw the stand we chased it thinking of it as a threat. When we found out the user was thirteen, possibly fourteen, and innocent it was clear he wasn't a threat. But Josuke and Okuyasu were blinded by greed at how much money Shigechi had. "