A Father's Love

I started to stand up, and my stand stood with me. The shield that once touched the floor was now in the air, being held by my stand.

   " Fire at will! "

More bullets started coming our way, and Josuke stood behind me with his hands on my shoulders. His eyes were focused on the stand in front of me instead of Okuyasu's brother. 

   " The shield doesn't even look damaged at all! How strong is your stand? "

   " Are you really asking me that now? I don't know anything about what I'm doing right now. "

   " You still think you can beat us!? "Josuke yelled to the man in front of my stand.

   " Josuke, don't tease him! We're not out of the woods yet! "

   " Your friend is right, Josuke Higashikata. Watch your words and where you step! "

   ' Where we step? '

I looked down at the ground, and I looked around the wood floor to spot what he was talking about. I couldn't see what he was talking about, but I defiantly heard something click when we both took a step further.

   " A-A land mine? "

I felt Josuke push on my shoulders, and I went forward as he went backward, and a small explosion happened at his feet. I landed away from him and on the sidelines of the fight while Josuke lay on the ground right in front of the tiny army and the man controlling them. My stand appeared in front of me with his shield lowered but ready to be raised to protect me at any time. 

   " Now, apache's launch your fire power and disable him! "

The missiles were released from the helicopters, and they were headed straight for Josuke. Crazy Diamond knocked some of them away, but there were still some coming towards him that his stand wouldn't be able to hit in time. You stood up, ready to intervene, but when you saw your position, you sent your stand to protect him. You stand, quickly got in front of Crazy Diamond, and put his shield up. The missiles hit the shield and exploded, leaving Josuke uninjured from them.

   " Hellfire is going to rain down on you with a rain of bullets! And your stand won't be able to protect him from all sides! All units! " The man shouted at me.

Your stand stayed in front of Josuke, but Josuke didn't do anything. Josuke pulled his stand away and sat on the floor, staring dead-on at the man in front of him. Not even saying a word.

   " And what exactly do you think you are doing? Have you given up already? Or do you want to beg for your life? Well, no can do. All units, take him out! "

Bad Company fired all of its weapons towards Josuke. Your stand stayed in front of him, ready to shift to any angle to protect him, but it didn't look like a good outcome. Josuke continued to sit on the floor as the bullets came towards him.

   " My plan has already been carried out. " He said.

   " What!? "

From your side, you started to see something moving. You, briefly, turned your attention towards the broken missiles on the floor that Crazy Diamond destroyed, and they started coming together. They were repaired and started launching themselves towards their original maker. He didn't have enough time to shield himself as they headed towards his head. You put your arms up to shield yourself from the dirt and dust that would come from the explosion. Your eyes closed, but you saw your stand disappear from Josuke's side and come to kneel in front of you with his shield standing between us and the explosion of debris before closing your eyes. After all of the dust had settled, and everything calmed down around the house, did your stand leave your side and disappear into its own world. Josuke was still sitting on the ground, completely calm.