The Summer of 1999

" How are your injuries doing? " You asked Josuke as you walked towards Reimi's ally.

   " It was just some cuts, and small things. You protected me most of the time. "

   " It's my job. "

   " That's my line. " Josuke said, pouting. 

You turned the corner and saw Reimi talking with Rohan and Koichi with her dog Arnold by her side. You sighed before grabbing Josuke's hand and lacing your fingers with his.

   " Well, you protected me against every stand so it's only fair I can protect you in our final fight. "

Josuke's pout went away and was replaced with a smile. He squeezed your hand tightly and kissed the top of your head. When you were closer to Reimi, you ran up to her, thanking her. Reimi smiled back at you, happy to see you alive.

Jotaro, Mr. Joestar, and Okuyasu's family appeared around the corner coming near Reimi. Behind her, Yukako and the other stand users you had met gathered around to wish Reimi a final goodbye. Aya was decommissioned, and she was standing among the group, and you were glad to see her awake and walking.

   " We all came to say goodbye. " Koichi said. 

Reimi looked around at everyone, and her smile was soft. Tears formed in her eyes as her pink eyes looked around at everyone.

   " You. . ."

Josuke was the first to speak up toward Reimi.

   " Even though it's a bit strange to say this to a spirit, take care. " 

   " I'm also reluctant to let you go. " Okuyasu said with a tear leaving his eye.

   " You're a very outstanding woman.  " Joseph replied, with the tiny baby in his hands.

   " And you're a joy to be around, I wish I got to know you a long time ago, before I first discovered you were here. " You replied.

The kind words brought tears to Reimi's eyes, and her tears spilled out of her eyes, hitting the ground below her. When her tears hit the ground, it caused a gold light to erupt, and she started flying towards the sky with Arnold. 

   " Reimi, thank you very much. You saved this town. " Koichi responded as Arnold now reached Koichi's height.

   " Koichi, thank you. However, everyone saved Morioh. "

   " Everyone here won't forget you. " Mr. Joestar said as Okuyasu cried.

Your tears formed, and Josuke wrapped his arm around your shoulder, bringing your side to touch his.

   " Everyone, thank you. Farewell, everyone. "

   " Farewell, Reimi. " Koichi said, waving towards her.

Reimi looked towards the group of stand users one more time before looking towards the sky and disappearing. That night, you walked with Josuke through the park where you first met Shigechi. Your tears had dried up, and your hand was linked with Josuke's.

   " It's all finally over. " Josuke said.

   " Yeah. It seems so. We made a lot of friends on the way though, huh? "

   " Yeah, if there is anything I can thank Kira for, it's for allowing me to meet so many people. "

   " It feels weird, not thinking that the killer is still out there. I feel like someone is going to attack us any minute. " You said, looking over your shoulder.

Josuke chuckled and looked around the park before he stopped walking. He turned around and cupped his hands around his mouth and shouted,

   " Hey! If there's anyone out there that wants to fight us, come out and fight me! I'll take you down! "

   " Josuke! " You shouted, slapping his arm, with a small smile on your face.

   " Don't worry Y/n. I'll protect you. "

Josuke wrapped his hands around your waist and kissed your lips. You kissed him back, wrapping your arms around his waist. After the sweet kiss, he rested his forehead against yours.

   " I always will. "

You ran with Josuke down the dock the next day to see Mr. Joestar and Jotaro off. The boat was already sailing, but it hadn't left the port yet. Mr. Joestar would take the baby with him to raise since the mother was never found.

   " Hey old man! "

Josuke stopped running and raised his left hand, waving at Mr. Joestar.

   " Do you hear me, old man? "

You watched Mr. Joestar hand the baby over to Jotaro, and he walked towards the railing, placing his gloved hands on the bar. His smile was enormous as he looked down at Josuke.

   " I gave you my mom's picture earlier. Did you keep it properly? "

   " Yes, I put it in my wallet, just like you told me. I may not be able to see your mom personally, but I pray that she's happy. " Mr. Joestar said, still smiling brightly down at his son, whom he was proud of. 

   " Really? You put it in your wallet? "

   " Josuke what did you do? " You asked.

   " Oh, nothing, I just have a corner of the picture. Crazy Diamond! "

Josuke brought out the strip of paper and held it between his hands. Crazy Diamond manifested with his fists clutched together. Mr. Josetar's wallet flew out of his coat pocket and landed in Josuk'e hands while Josuke's smile grew ten times bigger. Josuke pulled out the bills that were in the wallet as well as the picture of his mother.

   " I'll keep these. As a father, you have to give your son an allowance, of course. And I'll take my mom's picture back. You'll have a fight with your wife again. "

   " You punk! " Mr. Joestar yelled glaring at Josuke over the rails.

You waved at the pair of men on the ship while Josuke waved beside you.

   " Take care of yourselves! " You shouted.

   " Yeah! Take care! " Josuke yelled towards the ship.

Once the ship had gotten a little further, Josuke turned and grabbed your hand, running off. You ran beside him, keeping your hands connected.

   " Where are we running to? " You asked, smiling at your boyfriend. 

   " Anywhere you want to go. Just pick a place and we'll go there! "

   " Even if it's a place you don't want to go? "

   " Of course, because I'm your protector and your boyfriend. Where ever you go, I'll go! " Josuke said as you continued to run in the sunshine. 

   " My protector huh? "

   " Yes, because I will protect you. So, I gave myself the title. "

You laughed at his sheepish look before running ahead and pulling on his hand.

   " Then let's go, my protector. "

Josuke agreed, and you both ran away from the harbor, feeling light on your feet and with smiles on your faces. In the Summer of 1999, in the small town of Morioh, most people had a normal summer season, all except for Josuke Higashikata and those he kept close. Including the one he loved and promised to protect until his last breath.

   " I will protect you. " Is his promise.