Dating Josuke Higashikata

You stepped out of your house, ready to start another day of school. The events of yesterday ran through your mind, and you couldn't forget the brothers. You wondered how they were doing and if Keicho was acting better to Okuyasu. You sighed as you continued walking down the streets of Morioh to get to Josuke's house. The sun rays were bright, and they made you feel warm as you walked through the streets. 

   ' It's a nice day. '

There were a few clouds in the sky, but not enough to tell you it was going to rain. You looked at the houses around you and spotted Josuke's, but someone was walking up the sidewalk to his door, but you recognized the word, 'Billion' written on the side of his sleeves.

   " Hey, Okuyasu! " You shouted.

Okuyasu turned towards you and waved with a smile on his face. His bag was pressed between his side and one of his arms instead of him carrying it in his hands. You noticed that his figure was slouched as he walked, but the smile on his face was bright, and it made you smile back.

   " Hey, Y/n! Are you on your way to school? "

   " Yeah, usually I walk with Josuke since his house is on the way. Are you going to his place to get him too? "

   " Yeah, I turns out I'm going to the same school as you guys! Isn't that great!? " He said enthusiastically.

   " That's cool Okuyasu. How's your brother? "

   " He's still recovering from yesterday, but he's fine. He's getting better slowly. THank you for saving my brother, Y/n. I owe ya one! "

   " Don't worry about it Okuyasu. Let's go wait for Josuke and we can all go to school together. "

   " Awesome! "

You joined Okuyasu and walked up to Josuke's front door. Okuyasu knocked on the door, and you waited for Tomoko or Josuke to answer the door. 

   " Good morning-"

It only took a few minutes before the door opened, and Josuke was standing in front of you with a shocked expression on his face. He looked at you before looking back at Okuyasu, who stood beside you. Okuyasu smiled and waved just like he did to you. 

   " Hey, Josuke! Time to go to school buddy! "

   " Huh? "

   " Apparently Okuyasu is going to be joining us at school. He starts today and he's in our class. " You said.

   " Even so, it doesn't mean you have to come and get me. This isn't elementary school. "

   " But Y/n comes and walks you to school. "

   " No, she joins me as we walk to school. She doesn't come to my home and tell me it's time for school. Plus we've known each other for a while and I enjoy her company. "

   " Well, my house is just across the street. "

   " Yeah, shocking but like I said you don't need to walk me to scho-"

   " Come on! You don't want us to be late. "

   " Hey, Y/n and a new friend of Josukes. " Tomoko said, appearing in the hall behind Josuke.

   " Hi, Tomoko. " You said, waving to her.

   " Hi! I'm Okuyasu Nijimura. "

   " Come on in and have some coffee while he finishes getting ready. " Tomoko said, walking away from the hall. 

   " Wow, really!? Don't mind if I do. "

You gestured for Okuyasu to go inside first, and he flashed you another smile before walking in, but he turned to whisper to Josuke, but you clearly heard it. 

   " Have you noticed that your mom's kinda hot? I'm right behind you! " He shouted towards Tomoko.

   " A comedian. . .just great. What have I done? " Josuke asked himself as he slid down the door to his house.

You laughed and patted his shoulder as you walked into the house. When you walked through the door, Josuke stood up from the ground and shut the door. He walked with you into the kitchen to spot Okuyasu sitting at their table drinking a cup of coffee with Tomoko making her own cup. You walked further inside and sat beside Okuyasu. Josuke just walked behind your chair and leaned his hands on it as he glanced at Okuyasu every so often.

   " So, Y/n, how long have you been dating Josuke? " Okuyasu asked out of the blue, oblivious about how awkward he made the situation.

   " What? We're not dating. " Josuke said with a small tint appearing on his cheeks.

   " Yeah, we're just friends, that's all. " You said with your own crimson blush.

   " Really? I thought you two were dating. It seemed like it the other day. "

   " W-Well, we're not so drop it. " Josuke said.

   " That means you're on the market, right Y/n? "

   " W-Why are you asking? " You asked with your eyes widening. 

   " Hey! Don't ask her that! Leave her out of your love life! "

   " Oh, so you are dating and you're hiding it! Otherwise you wouldn't be so protective over her being on the market. "

   " I just don't like you referring to her like a piece of food being sold. Stop saying she's on or off the market. I'm protective of her because she's my best friend, and I've always watched out for her. I don't want her to get hurt. " Josuke said, with his words getting softer and softer while his blush brightened.

It was quiet for a minute before Okuyasu started to tear up, and Tomoko gave him a napkin to cry into.

   " That was the sweetest thing, I've ever heard! "

You rolled your eyes and looked away from Okuyasu. After he finished his coffee and Josuke sipped some of his mother's, you three went to school. Okuyasu talked your ear off on the way, and you indulged him, but your mind was stuck on the things said at the Higashikata household. You sat down at your desk inside the classroom and listened to the bell ringing. You listened to the lesson and took your notes, and when the bell rang again for a break, your hand was grabbed gently by someone, and you turned to see a girl with strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes.

   " U-Umm, Y/n? "

   " Yes? "

   " Could you give this to Josuke for me? Please? "

She handed you a letter with his name on the front written in curly handwriting. You nodded and took the letter from her. She ran out of class, and you walked out, looking for Josuke. When you found him, you found OKuyasu still standing beside him and talking. 

   " Josuke! "

   " Oh, Hey, Y/n. What's up? " He said, smiling at you.

   " Someone asked me to give this to you. " You said, handing him the love letter.

Josuke took the letter and opened it. When he took the paper out, he started reading through the message the strawberry blonde girl had written for him. When he was done, he folded the paper back up and tossed it in the trash beside himself. YOu felt shocked that he just threw it away so easily.

   " Why did you do that? "

   " Because I don't know anyone named Mimi Sechio. I've never met the girls in my life, so why would I accept a love confession if I don't know the person? "

   " You could've at least done it at home or thrown it away secretly. It would hurt a little to see that. "

   " I would like someone to hand me their letter themself not my best friend and I want to actually know the girl first. Enough to recognize her name at least. "He said, shrugging. 

You shook your head and talked with them for the rest of the break, but you found your mind wandering to his words.