Death and Resurrection

" So, where are we going, Josuke? "

   " We're meeting up with Jotaro, Koichi, and Okuyasu to talk about chili pepper. Don't you remember me telling you this over the phone? Jotaro asked me to call you since he didn't know your house number. " He asked, looking down at you.

You kicked a rock across the dirt road as Josuke walked beside you further up the hill. The rock bounced two times before settling back on the road.

   " I was tired. I don't remember most of our conversation. "

Josuke sighed and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

   " Red Hot Chili Pepper visited me last night, and I figured a few things out about his stand. We're going to meet with the others and discuss what we need to do about him. Jotaro also mentioned something important was going to happen today and that we can't afford Red Hot Chili Pepper to interfere. "

   " Alright. Well. it's a pretty day at least, and the wind is nice. " 

    " We also discussed our date on the phone. "

   " Oh, what did we say? "

   " You really don't remember anything from that phone call do you? "

   " I was really tired. "

   " Well, we didn't talk about much. Only that we would do it once Red Hot Chili Pepper was taken care of. "

   " Makes sense. Once this business with him is done we could do it without the pressure of someone trying to kill us. "

   " That was really all we discussed. "

   " Want to go to Tonio's? "

   " Absolutely not. "

   " What? Why not? "

   " Are you serious? Do you not remember what he did to you and Okuyasu? "

   " Yeah, and I felt the best that I've ever felt in years that day. Plus his food is really good. "

You had reached the top of the mountain and spotted Okuyasu and Koichi near a motorcycle. You assumed it was Okuyasu's since he was the one leaning on it. You also didn't think Koichi was the type to drive a motorcycle. 

   " We'll talk about that later. "

   " Whatever you say. "

   " Josuke! Y/n! " Koichi shouted, waving towards you.

   " Hey, guys! I'm sorry for the wait. "

   " What the heck is all of this about, Josuke? I mean why did you want to meet us all the way up here in the boondocks? Wouldn't Tonio's or that cafe be a much better place to talk? "

   " I wasn't the one who called you guys out here. It was actually Jotaro. "

   " Mr. Jotaro? Wonder what he wants. "

   " It's probably about Red Hot Chili Pepper. "

You heard a twig snap, and it made your head turn towards Okuyasu. He had a snapped branch in his hand, and you remembered his brother. You had saved his life, but Chili Pepper still upset Okuyasu because he almost killed his brother. So you walked towards Okuyasu and patted his shoulder.

   " I told Josuke not to say anything. Discussing this downtown wouldn't be an option. We'd be surrounded by electricity. "

You looked towards another pathway that led up the hill and spotted Jotaro walking towards you all.