alternate chapter 20

author thing: okay so this, as the title says, is a different way chapter twenty could've gone. it doesn't match with the chapters after so in a way it's a 'stand alone' thing. it's taken like twenty years cuz i left wattpad n things like that and it's very short but yk :/ also i'll try and do other suggestions people gave in the last chapter.

update: it's 2023 lmaooo, i haven't been on wattpad in so long and i'm unable to read as many comments because of some of the hate ones. but besides that, thank you sm for 2 million reads and also all the good comments. ik most of this story is messy but i honestly just did it for fun, it's not meant to be so professional so don't take it 2 seriously. 

Third Person POV:

As Isaac walked up to the pitch with Zavier next to him, he could feel the quick glances Zavier kept throwing at him. He had no idea if Zavier knew he could sense them, or maybe he did know, and this was his idea of torturing Isaac.

The kiss...

Was the clear reason as to why Zavier was so suddenly interested in the details of his face like he'd never seen them before.

The air had cleared his mind- maybe he should've recommended Zavier come outside too so he wouldn't be staring at Isaac like he'd never seen him before- and he'd been able to brush off the kiss.

Well, not exactly 'brush off' as easily as he was saying, but it was a spur-of-the-moment kiss that yes, felt good, exceptionally good, maybe a little bit too good, but it didn't erase the fact that him and Zavier weren't friends. Let alone lovers.

Zavier was still an asshole and if he was being impartial to Zavier's point of view, he was still an asshole back to him.

"Stop staring at me." Isaac finally snapped, not even turning his head to Zavier but still feeling the shame Zavier had at being caught. "If you want to talk, let's do it quick." Isaac had never seen Zavier so speechless as he nodded his head, walking to an emptier part of the field.

The walk to the quieter part of the field must have given enough time for Zavier to get his ego back as he fixed Isaac with a cocky smirk. "You wanted to talk?"

"Yeah, about the kiss."

"What about it?" Zavier asked cooly as if he wasn't the one who had been stressing just that morning.

It looked like Isaac was going to be the bigger person, admitting his feelings first, cringing that he had to talk about emotions with Zavier of all people. "Okay well... I liked it." Isaac mumbled, staring down at his feet.

"Hm?" Zavier had heard though, Isaac knew he had, but it was Zavier he was talking to, he couldn't be surprised, regardless of the kiss they'd had.

"The kiss was good, alright, I know that's what you've been dying to hear, and I admit it, so maybe I'm bisexual or some shit, I don't know, and it's not like that part is any of your business." Isaac spoke truthfully, risking a look up at Zavier who wasn't watching with the cocky smirk anymore, instead a sympathetic look replaced on his face. "But it doesn't change anything between us–"

"Maybe it can." Zavier interrupted.

Isaac frowned, shaking his head. "How?" Their years of sparring couldn't just disappear like that.

"Maybe the kiss was a sign."

Isaac raised a brow mockingly at him, just managing to keep the smirk away. "You into that shit now?"

"What shi—?" Zavier scrunched his brows up at Isaac. "Anyway, no, I meant a sign of how stupid we've been with this."

Isaac shook his head again, quickly killing that line of conversation. "Look, that kiss can't make up for an apology, from either of us. It's a stupid idea."