chapter 24

Third person POV:

Isaac was heading back to his room after having just watched a movie with Blaire, when he spotted a ginger hair outside with someone who looked like Harrison.

Immediately, Isaac discarded his previous route, and instead walked closer to the ginger hair and with every step, getting closer, he could now fully identify the people as being Harrison and Alyssa.

They were so engrossed in whatever conversation they were having, that they didn't notice Isaac coming towards them, but Isaac was fuming. Harrison had been mostly ignoring him since yesterday's match, blaming it on having a headache, but now, he had the nerve to go and talk to Alyssa, who Isaac's hatred for her slowly grew.

Isaac cleared his throat loudly as both of their heads turned in sync to face Isaac. Alyssa's eyes widened a bit, but then went into slits while Harrison kept a guilty expression on his face, looking down at his feet.

"Wow, long time no see, bitchface." Alyssa smirked while Harrison looked up to give her a warning look.

"I sure wish it was longer, ginger." Isaac made sure to enunciate the last word, feeling a sort of thrill on seeing Alyssa's reaction.

Her fists automatically clenched, and she made a move to try and hit him, but Harrison had already foreseen this, and pulled her away from him, trapping her from escaping with his arms whilst she let out a string of curse words.

Isaac smugly smiled, but stopped when he saw how disappointed Harrison appeared.

"Isaac, let's talk and Alyssa, you stay here, I'll be back." Harrison cautiously released Alyssa from his arms, and led Isaac to a hidden corner.

"Why do you have to deliberately wind her up?" Harrison immediately hit Isaac with a question, folding his arms.

Isaac didn't like the way Harrison was looking at him, sure he had continued to wind her up, but it was fair play since she started it. "Me? She was the one who started it."

"Doesn't mean you had to continue it." Harrison carried on defending Alyssa, making Isaac feel uneasy as he realised how mad Harrison really was.

"Are you on my side, or hers?"

"That's the thing Isaac. Not everything's about sides. Just because you're not friends with her, doesn't mean I can't be-"

"That's not what I meant." Isaac cut him off, but Harrison carried on anyways.

"- And it's not like I don't do the same with your friends."

"My friends?"

"I see the way you interact with Zavier, I'm not stupid." Isaac's heart felt like it dropped as soon as Harrison said that.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"You both were at a parlour today, I'm guessing having a nice little date?"

"You're a fucking idiot, I hope you know." Isaac sneered. "If you really cared that much, you would've texted me like a normal person, but have fun with Alyssa."

Isaac shoved past his shoulder, and went to walk away when he heard Harrison's voice again. "Yeah, I bet you'll have fun with Zavier."

Isaac felt like just turning around, and giving him a good punch in the face, but he couldn't.

And he knew he shouldn't.

So he walked away, eyes fixed on the ground, pushing his tongue to the roof of his mouth to prevent any betrayal or angry tears coming out.