chapter 15

Isaac POV:

Whispers straight away encircled me, it didn't even seem like they were trying to be subtle. People turned to look at me, shuffling slightly away as I walked through the hallway.

Weirdos.

"Still rocking that black eye I see." Jax was the first one to greet me, Harrison and Gemma talking to each other in hushed tones.

"How could I not?" I smiled.

"It looks worse than before." Gemma kindly greeted me, too nice Gemma. I rolled my eyes, some people were just jealous that they wouldn't be able to suit this as well as I could.

"It looks fine." Harrison clearly lied. Sure mate, sure.

"What happened to Dillon?"

"Suspended." Jax answered. "As he should be." I agreed completely.

"If you want, you guys can come to mine after school." Harrison spoke up randomly.

That sounded cool dude but um, grounded remember? Gemma and Jax, also forgetting my grounding situation, started agreeing and making plans.

"Uh guys.. hello." They finally stopped talking and turned to look at me. "I'm grounded." I reminded them.

"Just say it's for a school project." Gemma suggested, shrugging.

That could work depending on my moms mood. I would just have to hope she was in a good mood. The shrilling noise of the bell pulled me out of my thoughts.

"We can go call her now if you remember her number since we both have a free now." Harrison offered.

I nodded, following next to him to find a place where there wasn't anyone. Harrison handed me his phone, then I hesitantly typed in my moms number, and pressed call.

"Hello, who is this?" My moms voice came from the other side of the phone. At least she picked up though.

"Hello mom, it's Isaac." Harrison watched me with an intent stare."What's wrong? Why are you calling me in the middle of school? Are you in trouble again... or is something wrong with Zav-" My mom attacked me with a ton of questions, but I cut off her last one. No, not Zavier mom.

"No I'm fine. Ha ha." I let out an awkward laugh, thinking of the best way to word it."So there's this really important school project that we're working in groups and we have to complete it out of school, so I was wondering if I could go to Harrison's house, since we're in the same group." I braced myself for her response, not really expecting anything.

"You're grounded, you know that."

"Yeah but it's for school. It's important for my grade, and I already said sorry to Zavier." I ignored Harrison's look of amusement. Now two people found my shame funny.

She sighed, "I'll see." But I knew that was a yes.

"Thank you." I smiled proudly, putting a thumbs up to Harrison. He grinned back as I ended the call.

"So.. she said yes?" He guessed to which I nodded. She basically did in my books, if it wasn't a straight no, then it was a yes.

"Yeah we can go n-" I was saying, but stopped when we heard heel footsteps. Realising what would happen if we were caught, Harrison pulled me into the Janitors minuscule closet, shutting the door gently behind me.

My heart felt like it was about to pump out of its chest as we listened out for the footsteps to leave. I focused back on the position we were in, I was pressed against the door with Harrison leaning on me. It was quite uncomfortable to be frank, so I tried to adjust myself in a way, but all I did was make it worse, half 'grinding' on him.