chapter 30

Zavier POV:

It was just us three in the living room:

Juliana, Isaac and I.

Juliana was my cousin who had come with my Aunt Beatrice and Uncle Tom.

An awkward silence loomed over the air, mostly because of the tension between Isaac and I.

The roles were switched now, Isaac had been successful in hiding from me, and with Juliana here, there was no way I could even talk to him. Maybe that would explain why he was sitting far away from me, protected by Julianna sitting next to him.

I had attempted to crack some witty jokes but I had been shut down by Isaac's lack of response and Juliana glaring at me.

But I didn't care about Juliana, she was a bitch, but Isaac hadn't even looked at me once.

"I'm going to get a drink." Juliana finally stood up, Isaac's eyes widening, knowing it would just be us two in the room.

"I'll come too." He went to stand up but she shook her head.

"It's fine. I can get you something, is coke alright?" Juliana offered, putting on what she most likely thought was a seductive smile but he didn't take any notice and nodded.

But Isaac hated coke.

As Juliana walked out, I quickly grasped this opportunity to talk to Isaac and sat down where Juliana was.

"No." He responded before I had even said anything.

"What?" I questioned, but he still didn't even turn to face me, keeping his eyes on the floor in front of him.

"I know what you want to say, so no."

"We're going to have to talk about it..." But his expression didn't change. "Can you at least look at me?" I half begged, not feeling the shame yet of pleading.

Isaac finally turned to face me, his eyes showing a whirlwind of emotions, mostly regret, but there was a hint of something else, but before I could dwell on it, Juliana came back and Isaac immediately turned his face back to the floor.

"Zavier, you're in my space. Get out." Juliana ordered, holding two cokes in her hands.

I glanced at Isaac again but he didn't reciprocate my glance, so I sighed and got up, there was no point of arguing with her if Isaac still wouldn't pay me any attention.

Juliana handed the coke to an uninterested Isaac who mumbled a thank you but placed the coke on the floor, definitely meaning he would not pick it up again.

"Your house is so boring Zavier."

"Terribly sorry Juliana, next time I'll make sure to raise it to your standards." I mimicked her British accent, seeing the corners of Isaac's lips go up a bit in my peripheral vision, instantly boosting my mood by a small amount.

"Prick." She sneered, folding her arms.

I rolled my eyes at her and left the room to get my phone from my room.

The silence had gotten too boring for me.

No more than 5 minutes later, I walked back downstairs, peeking in the room to see Juliana snuggled into Isaac. Isaac did seem a bit uncomfortable, his eyes darting to the side, seemingly to the door, but I would pull my head back quickly as soon as he would look, waiting a few seconds to make sure he still wouldn't be looking.

When I looked back, her head was facing towards him, a smug look on her face as she leaned in, pointing to his neck, but before she could do anything else, I cleared my throat and walked in, Isaac separating from her immediately.