Chapter 3: Change of Schedule

Cara's POV

Those eyes haunts me.

Hazel and green.

What are the chances that my pretty eyes is that man on the executive floor?

I research his eye condition before and it is called Heterochromia Iridium. How many male New Yorker had that same condition?

I fidget on my necklace.
What if he is really my pretty eyes what should I do? I mean we know each other when we are young so it might be awkward when I ask him "Hey by any chance are you my childhood friend named Blake?" And if he's not well I hope the ground will swallow me up.

I finish my work at 5pm and greeted the incoming night shift cleaners.

I change my clothes to my regular one and packed it with the pouch that comes with it and send it to the laundry.

The company provided us 2 sets of uniform. Everyday we will send it to the laundry room and after it got washed and clean it will be placed inside our locker. How neat is that?

I wear my shorts and T shirt and change my safety shoes to my black flats. I walk out of the company and go to the park full of food trucks.

After a minute of contemplation I bought two tacos with all the trimmings and a bottle of water.

I sat on the grass and as I eat I watch people passby. Majority of them came out from work.

I miss eating home cooked meals. Someday in the near future I hope to have a family of my own.
Why am I thinking this kind of things? I am being sentimental and sappy again.

I finish my food and throw the wrappers at the bin. I walk towards the subway and commute back to my room.

I arrive at the complex I lived after 30 minutes of commute not because my place is far but because all the train carriage is full. It is rush hour and I walk 15 minutes from the nearest subway down to the complex where I live.

This area is a little bit shady. People only saw the "business" part of New York. Most of them are not aware about the dangerous area of this city.
I live here because the rent is cheaper.

The complex is an old building. It is three stories high and when you enter multiple cubicles will welcome you. It is small but a single bed and a small table and chair will fit inside. Every floor has 2 common bathrooms and a kitchen. The room are only divided by thin plywood so every one can hear whatever your are doing inside your room.

I go up to the 2nd floor and went inside my cubicle. There is a small foam  with 2 pillows and a blanket. On the side is a small fan that I bought in Walmart. My clothes are neatly folded inside my old bag that I use since I was 18. Five shirt, 2 pants, 7 pairs of bra and underwear and 4 shorts. There is a small basket on the corner of the room with my toiletries.

I turn off the lights and set my black nokia flip phones alarm at 5am since my work starts at 6am. Good thing about old phones they have a long battery life so I only charge it every 3 days.

🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇🍇

-Next day-

My alarm blared at exactly 5am. I rubbed my eyes to remove the remnants of sleep and slowly stand up. I blindly grab my basket of toiletries and walk out to the bathroom.

At this time no one is using it but I need to finish all my business within 10 minutes.

I wear another set of shorts and shirt. My black flats need to be change but I can't be bothered. I am not keen to spend money for shoes. Maybe next month.