Chapter 40: Autopsy

Cara's POV

It's happening.

It's time!

The doctor warned me that I'll deliver between 30 to 36 weeks.
I am now on my 35th week.

I can feel small contractions on my abdomen. I am scheduled for a C-section next week for mine and babies safety but like their father my kids are all impatient.

I rub my abdomen in circles after a contraction and murmured "You're all impatients huh." I felt a swift kick on my side, probably baby C.

I am thankful that my contractions are mild and still tolerable. If not I'll not be calm at all.

We tried to see the genders but my children are covering each other so we just decided to paint their nursery a light brown color.

To be safe all the clothes that we bought are in white.
At this moment, I wished my mom was here to guide me.

It's early morning so Blake is at the gym. I change out of my Pyjamas and waddle towards the gym.

I need to be calm and not startle Blake. I don't want to repeat the incident before when Ella's in labor.

Thank God that our new house has an elevator so It was easy for me to navigate around the house.

Once I reached the gym. I saw Blake wearing nothing but his work out shorts running on the treadmill.

"Blake." I called out.

Blake looked back and when he saw me, he smiled and stops the treadmill.

He grabbed a towel on his side then proceeds to wipe his deliciously ripped upper body and gorgeous face.

Stop it Cara! You can't be horny and in labor at the same time!

"Amore are you craving? Do you want me to buy something?" He excitedly ask.

I need to break the news slowly.

"Yes. We need to go to the hospital." Damn it. I told him direct to the point instead of slowly.

Blake suddenly freeze and look at me wide eyed. He glance down to my huge abdomen and tried to form some words but nothing came out.

Blake closes his eyes and take a deep breath.

"I'm fine. I am calm. You practiced this many times Blake." Blake repeatedly chanted.

I lean at the doorway waiting on what dumb things my idiotic husband will do.

Blake opened his eyes and calmly retrieve his phone from the pocket of his shorts.

He's currently calling someone and I bet it is only James.

Obviously I can only hear one side of his conversion and it goes like this.

"James."

"No. I am not pranking you."

"No. I am not also asking for sex advise again."

He ask James for sexual advise?

"Cara's in labor."

At this point Blake's voice was getting louder.

"I know! I am fucking calm!"

"Okay see you there."

Blake end the call and much to my surprise, he is still calm.

But I am wrong.

So fucking wrong.