Chapter 11: My dumbass

Blake's POV

"Show me."

Rodriguez nodded eagerly and lead the way to his floor. I followed him. I can feel that he is anxious.

Hmmm. Interesting.

We arrive at his floor and when I entered his office it is clean and organize.

No trace of being "ransacked" as he said.

I look down and glare at him.

"I- I swear sir! I am not lying! All my documents are on the floor! My computer was completely smashed!"

I stare at the said computer and it is completely working and in its pristine condition.

"You're just wasting my time." I leave Rodriguez still gaping and confuse. I return to my office. As the elevator door closes I smirk.

I went inside my office and lock it.

I sat on my chair and lean back.

"You can come out now you devil." I smirk as Cara slowly went out of my restroom with a smirk of her own.

She sauntered in front of my desk and stop.

"So. What did you see?" She ask.

"Nothing. Everything was in place. I left him confused."

I stood up and low fived Cara since she is smaller. We fist bump and for good measure we even hip bump. Gently of course.

We sat on the couch side by side. Cara immediately grab my hand and she starts to sort of massage it and I let her.

"So what did you find?" I ask.

"Team CARAmel is still analyzing everything. Give them a week to recheck everything. I am glad that you gave those guys a chance to turn their life around Blake."

She is now playing with my wedding ring.

"Like I said my sweets that I'll do what I can do to help other people. I saw some potentials when I first saw them surrounding my car so I gave them a chance."

Almost all my staff are all hired from the streets. Only a handful of them are educated. My main guards are all skilled and if there is a new recruit they train them on everything computers, self defence etc.

I don't have a fleet like James. That man is extraordinary. CIA and FBI have nothing on James guards. Good thing he is my bestfriend. I just felt sorry for those idiots who will try to antagonize James. My God bless them.

"Mason will report it to us after he verify the works of your team." Cara nodded in agreement.

"So what's your next step sweetheart." She stops playing with my hand and grin at me.

"What else? Scare him to death of course."

I roll my eyes. "Just don't kill him on my property Cara. I don't want added paperworks." I whined.

She snorts. "As if I'll literally kill him Blake. I am not gonna mafia bang bang his ass. I am just pranking that little twat. It's not like he doesn't deserve it."

"Whatever makes you happy sweetheart."

The next day the department of Rodriguez is presenting a proposal about the cost of our steel products. I saw his proposal and there is discrepancy on his computation.

I know I almost fail english lit and James will happily even tell you the story repeatedly but damn him  I excel in Math. I even score a point higher than him. He is still sore about that.