Chapter 20: Suspicious

Cara's POV

I went to the command center to ask for any updates on our latest target. I am so ready to finish this so I can relax.

Mason and the other people that I don't recognize immediately stand up when they saw me enter the room.

I smile at them and they greets back with a nod.

"Mason any updates?"

"We gathered all the evidence that she was exploiting her employees. I already compile all the reports your team gave me." He gave me a clear book and I scan all the papers inside.

"It is up to Sir. Bradford on how will he handle this situation." Mason added.

"Thank you." I was out of the room when I realize I forgot to say something to Mason.

"Hey Mason?" Mason looks up when he heard me call his name.

I hand him my personal card.

"Please buy some snacks to all our security team and please replace the food that Blake ate at the Marketing floor. I swear I saw him munching Lays when we went back to his office. Charge it all in my card."

"Thank you Mrs. Bradford." All of them screamed in delight.

I wave at them and goes back to my husband.

I ask Jane on what time Blake will be vacant. I told her that I did not clean his office yet. She told me he will be busy until lunch.

For the mean time I went down to the HR floor to see my friend Angel. I want to confirm one of the reports.

I saw Angel hunch on her desk typing furiously on her computer just like the rest of the staff on this floor.

I tap her shoulder to get her attention.
Angel looks back and automatically smiles when she saw me.
Angel stood up and hugged me.
"Long time no see!"

"So sorry I am just busy this past few weeks."

"Psh. No need to apologize Cara. I am also swamped with work as usual."

"Why?" I ask.

"Well we are reviewing the applicants for internship this year and as usual it is a lot. So what brings you to this floor?" Angel asked.

"Well I was wondering if you know a person named Larry Harrison?"

Angel eyes widen and she discretely looks around. She pull my arm down so I am forced to crouch beside her.

"Why?" She whispered.

"I need to give something to him, a delivery." I whispered back

Angel glance at my empty hand.

"I left it upstairs. I need to know who is this person. I don't want to deliver it to the wrong person." I reasoned out.

"Oh I see. His cubicle is in front of the department head office. He is the bald one. Be careful Cara he is nasty."

I nodded "noted. Why are we whispering?"

"Because that guy is a suck ass. I swear he doesn't work at all and he is somewhat involve in some shady shit. He was one of the people in charge of entertaining complaints from other departments but as of now I did not see him pass any reports because he always says no one complains. That is total Bullshit."

"Oh. Well good to know. I promise I'll be careful. Thank you Angel and I'll call you because I want you to meet someone."

Angel tried to protest but I just wink at her. I have a feeling that Angel and Carter is compatible. I need to set them up ASAP.