Chapter 15: traitor

Cara's POV

After a hellish week I am back to work. I am thankful that Blake took care of me while I am sick. I saw him nod off due to exhaustion but he did not even complain. He still prioritize my needs before his.

The first thing on Blake's agenda is a meeting with Mr. Rodriguez.

The said man was sitting arrogantly on one of the chair close to Blake's desk.

Blake throws the manila envelope towards Rodriguez.
Rodriguez opened the envelope and saw the result of the writing analysis that he requested.

"This can't be true! I swear Mr. Bradford I am not lying! Someone is really threatening me!"

Blake narrow his eyes and said "Rodriguez I am done with your bullshit. You are wasting my time with your baseless accusations!"
"If everything you said was true then tell me. Why would someone waste their time threatening or Blackmailing you? Are you hiding something from me?"

Mr. Rodriguez did not answer Blake question. "Get out."

I saw Mr. Rodriguez grip the envelope tightly and goes out of Blake's office.

Blake slump on his chair and sigh.

What a gloomy thing to start our day. Today is our monthsary so I purposely clean his room while the boquet that I bought will be delivered.

I was wiping his couch removing the germs and bad vibes that Mr. Rodriguez brought with him when Jane entered the room with the boquet I ordered.

"Goodmorning sir this delivery is for you."

Blake looked up and I can see that he was caught off guard but he immediately school his expression back to his stoic one.

Jane carefully hand the massive boquet of red roses to Blake.
As Blake was inspecting my gift I discretely lock his door.

"To My Love, Happy first Monthsary from your Lovely Wife"

Blake looked up after he read my message loudly.
His Multicolored eyes rendered me speechles.

"Happy monthsary." I greets awkwardly.

Blake place his boquet on his desk and opened his arms. I immediately sit on his lap and he engulf me with his warm hug.

He kiss my forehead. "Happy monthsary sweetheart." He murmured. Then his lips met mine. I still can not believe that I am kissing my childhood friend. Feels surreal to be honest.

I broke our kiss and Blake chase my lips asking for more.

"Can I breathe first?" I ask out of breath.