Chapter Four ~ Not yet, my love

Days went past slowly. I was given one detention in charms for not paying attention as my mind couldn't and honestly I wouldn't allow it to stop thinking about Lucius.

Of course I shouldn't be as he's a married man with a son, who is my best friend but this man is so contrasting from all the boys I've met that's my age.

The sun had now tucked itself away for the night as the stars and night sky acted like a blanket. I was sat on the edge of my bed staring out the window listening to the raindrops trickling from the clouds onto the surface and owls started hooting to each other softly, admiring their surroundings and the peacefulness.

Hoo hoo

I looked onto my windowsill outside to see a black and white owl sitting comfortably as it hooted at me to open the window. I stood up and padded my way to the window to twist it open with a screeching sound ringing in my ear, making me scrunch my face at the noice.

"Hello lovely," I whispered as I stroked its feathers gently making it to shut they eyes at the feeling.

Catching a glimpse of parchment underneath the owls claws I picked it up to inspect the envelope only to be more confused.

I've never seen this type of envelope before?

It was a black envelope with a silver wax seal on it with a stamp of a snake. I wondered who it was for, maybe for someone else that sleeps in my dorm but turned it over and read, "Miss Kardin."

I looked back to the owl to see it glide away slowly into the distance of the night. I sat back down in my bed and ripped open the envelope And lifted out the parchment to read.

Dear Miss Kardin,
Noticing that your close friends with My son Draco, I have invited you on his behalf to a business event held at my manor. Since your father is going to attend, it would be rude if you wouldn't attend aswell.

Attend formally as I do not want you to make a fool of yourself.

Regards,
L.A.M

I raised an eyebrow as I finished reading and set it down on my bed, weary on the news of being invited to the Malfoy Manor that also attends my fathers presence.

Me and my father aren't very close to one another and I will never let us be. After what he done when I was only fourteen years old and thrown me aside after saying I'm useless and unworthy, I found it hard to trust him again.

I use to tear up and be miserable when I saw other family's kissing goodbye to their children before they go on the Hogwarts Express and buying them sweets at the sweet shops that make your tongue different shades of colours and laugh together in glee, but now I realise when something happens that use to hurt me emotionally, I have no control over my body as I painfully laugh or giggle while tears slide down my cheeks until it just switches off and I stay quiet feeling numb.

As all my memories came flooding back to me I let out a low chuckle and shook my head while folding up the piece of parchment and placing it in my drawer before heading to bed to forget about everything until tomorrow.

~*~*~*~

Friday morning came around the next day and I decided to skip breakfast and pay a visit to Lucius's office to discuss about the event he's invited me to without much information.

Walking down the cobblestone hallway that was dark with only a few candles on the lowest floor at Hogwarts I came to a halt outside his office door. I knocked on the door twice and waited for someone to open it.

Quick enough the door opened to reveal a very handsome Lucius Malfoy wearing only a crisp, white shirt with two buttons undone at the neck with a black waistcoat and black tailored fitted trousers with a expensive silver belt with a signature snake carved at the buckle.

"Miss Kardin? What are you doing here?" He seemed slightly panicked and uneasy but tried to cover it up the best he could.

"Um, I'm sorry to bother you Mr Malfoy. I came to ask about the event that you explained in your letter you sent me," I shyly explained my unexpected arrival, immediately regretting it. "I can come back later if your busy-"

"-No come in Odette." I gestured for me to enter his office.

I felt a rush of excitement go through my body as I heard him say my name, making me feel a bit special instead of some random girl coming to bother him, though he probably still thinks that of me.

I sat down on a leather chair the opposite of his desk and crossed my legs politely as he leaned on the edge of the desk in front of me with a glass of fire whisky in a glass while staring into my eyes wondering what I was here for.

"What is it you would like to know?" He asked taking a gulp of his fire whisky and setting it down on his desk.

"Why do you want me to attend? I mean my father has been to several events before without me without a bother? So I don't understand why I have to go?" I asked honestly, ignoring the fact that he has alcohol on school premises.

"Well since you know Draco is going, it would be suitable for you to as well." He said dryly with no expression on his face.

I furrowed my eyebrows with what he said.

"That doesn't even answer my question though?" I said a bit irritated that he dodged the question.

"Well if you stop being a brat and asking questions, you might have a little chance of understanding." His facial expression went dark, like he will snap at me any moment now.

"How the hell can I understand if you never answered my question properly!" I raised my voice, angry that he called my a brat for asking a simple question.

In a instant he gripped my chin and made me look straight into his eyes with fear in mine as I could feel his cold, silver rings pressing into my skin.

"Do not raise your voice at me young lady!" He scolded as rage seethed through his body.

Completely shocked with his actions, I trembled with fear wondering if he would hurt me. But he immediately lets go as he noticed the fear in my eyes and puts his hand on my cheek, stroking it with his thumb softly.

"I'm sorry," he sighed, feeling worry and regret in his guts that I would run away and see him just like everyone else, evil.

"I would never hurt you, love." He whispered.

I stared up at him as the fear I felt faded away and replaced into passion and adoration as our faces were inches away from each other's.

We stared at each other, contemplating either this was a good idea. But soon Lucius slowly leaned in inch by inch as his thoughts and worry's were pushed aside and his eyes flicked down to my lips as I parted them the tiniest bit. He felt like he was losing self control as he got closer and closer.

But then he stopped in his place and whispered gently in my ear.

"Not yet, my love"

He tilted his head downwards and let out a low groan before standing up straight and sitting down at his desk with a kind smile on his lips and a glint in his eye that I've never seen before.

I was slightly frustrated with the rejection, because of my sexual desires playing in my head and body, but on the other hand I'm quite surprised that he turned me down. I always thought of him to be with whoever he wants, whenever he wants without a care in the world, and he probably is but just then in that moment, it felt like I was someone he saw different and was special to him.

I stood up from my chair and began to walk slowly to the door before he called me.

"Oh and Miss Kardin," he called before I left and I turned around to face him at the door.

"I do hope to see you at the event." He said with a smirk tugging at his lips before looking back down to his desk at his paper work.

It then hit me.

He was the reason he wanted me to go to the event.

I smiled bashfully as I crept out of his office and silently shutting the door behind me as I wandered down to the common room in a wonderful daze of thought of Lucius.

~*~*~*~