Chapter Twelve ~ Distant

Odette's Pov

Even though we never said it to each other, we knew.

Several weeks pasted by that I didn't even realise how close spring break was around the corner.

I was sat in the open meadow that was filled with buttercups and Dandelion clocks. As time went by I was in a daze of thought about love.

No it wasn't of a certain someone... okay maybe it was but it was also a thought of what is love. I mean how would I even know if I've fallen in love?

I plucked a small dandelion clock from its root and lifted it to my lips softly. I fluttered my eyelids shut gently and thought deeply of a wish.

I wasn't sure if wishes came true, I would like to believe they do but nevertheless if they don't it was a lovely gesture to nature as I blew upon the tiny dandelion dresses and watched as they floated away with the fresh breeze.

"So are you?" Suddenly Draco's voice echoed through my ears making me become distant with my daze.

"Huh?" I said confused before asking again, "Am I what?" Shocked that I didn't even hear him approach me, Merlin knows how long ago.

"Ignoring me again I see." Draco said with a smirk playing on his lips causing me to look straight at him with a raised eyebrow. "I'm joking! I'm joking!"

"Hilarious." I said blankly.

"As I was saying, your coming to mine for spring break aren't you?" He asked with a glimpse of hope in his eye making me smirk.

"Hmm, I'm not sure if I want to put up with you though, I mean I could have a break for once-" I said sarcastically.

"Terribly funny, really witty." He rolled his eyes.

I laughed at him before starting to stand up while speaking again.

"Yeah I guess it would be nice to stay at yours." I said casually but a slight flutter of butterflies swarming my stomach with the thought of seeing Lucius.

"Also maybe we could invite some people over the spring break for a celebration of winning against Gryffindor in quidditch." He told me as he picked up my books of the grass.

"Ask your father first..." I told him, slight worry starting to form with the thought of Lucius's reaction to a house party without him knowing at him own manor.

"Trust me, it wont be that big of a celebration so he has no excuse to complain." Draco tried to persuade me with sweet talk but I know that will only last so long for a idealised party.

All I did was roll my eyes and left him to it as I didn't want to be included in an any conflict with Mr Malfoy, especially when his furious.

~*~*~*~

A week went by and I didn't get even a glimpse or knowledge of where lucius was, making thoughts rush around my heading from over thinking.

Did I say something the last time I was with him? I hope not.

Shaking my thoughts out of my head i continued to pack my suitcase that held my belongings. I could use my wand but I decided this time to just take my own time to organise something in my life.