Chapter Sixteen ~ Without Permission

My footsteps faded off into the distance making Lucius turn his head slowly back to the daily prophet that rested in his grasp while sucking in a breath and holding it for a small spaced moment as he closed his eyes, attempting to push aside his intrusive thoughts.

You bloody coward.

He harshly thought about himself causing him to scrunch his fists tightly, crinkling the newspaper at the sides, while leaning his head back to face the ceiling, still maintaining to keep his eyes shut, not daring to break down at the dining table.

Then suddenly he opened his eyes only to realise He was the only one in the room except from a scrawny, wrinkled elf stood in the corner watching him nervously and tugging at their filthy pillow case.

He stood up from his seat and flung the newspaper onto the table before grasping his cane and making his way out of the room and upstairs. He set his destination towards his office that he hoped to stay in for some peace of mind and silence only until he opened the door he caught the sight of the woman he met last night for a small encounter.

"Miss Lowell..." His facial expressions sunk into a irritated scowl when the woman tried to bat her eyelashes heavily as an attempt to lure him.

Lucius rolled his eyes and made his way towards a large window where a counter with crystal glasses and a decanter sat. A devilish smirk formed on the lady's lips as she pondered around the room, inspecting random objects.

"Don't touch anything that isn't yours Miss Lowell, any sudden move with certain objects and it may be... lethal." He gave a simple but dull smile to the woman before it instantly dropped to a bored expression and turned back to the window, gripping a glass firmly in his right hand and his cane in the other.

She rolled her eyes before trudging over to his and attempted to snatch a glass off the counter but was quickly stopped when Lucius snapped the teeth of his silver cane onto her wrist viciously making her yelp.

"I suggest it's time for you to leave Miss Lowell." He growled through gritted teeth, seething his eyes into hers with anger.

Her eyes widened in disbelief and anger as her mouth fell open in gob smack when the words left his mouth. With a humph she exited the room completely and with a snap she apparated out of the house.

He rubbed his palm on his face as he let out a heavy sigh before he took a large gulp of the remaining of his drink before placing the glass down back onto the counter.

He gazed out of the looming window, staring at nothing particular only until all of a sudden he caught the sight of me wandering in the gardens of the manor all alone. A faint smile appeared on his lips as well a glint of adoration in his eyes as he watched me stroke the petals of a dying white rose.

However his smile dropped into a frown when he saw His son approach me with a lazy smile on his lips while keeping his hands shoved deep in his trouser pockets as he trudged through the gardens towards me.

Lucius gripped his cane tighter and walked away from the window, seemingly having a sudden change of mood. Though when he turned around he was stunned in shock when a tall, skinny figure in a long cloak stood in the corner of the room causing Lucius to whip out his wand from his cane aim it towards the figure.

"My, my Lucius... that's not going to do much now will it." The slithery voice spoke in a hushed tone as it slowly approached Lucius.