Chapter Thirteen ~ Us

I'll be honest, I was upset.

I was sat in front of the mirror in the bathroom while I just stared blankly into my eyes. Only a few tears fell from my eyes which still caused thin mascara lines streak down my cheeks.

While wiping under my eyes with the pad of my thumb I heard a knock on my door making me get a sudden flashback from when I was in my dorm and no one appeared when they knocked.

I left the bathroom quietly and I tip toed over to my wand which lied on the night stand before making me way quickly but quietly to the door.

Suddenly I opened the door in a flash and extended my arm firmly in front of me before realising it was pointing towards Draco.

"Such a charmer." He said sarcastically with a small twitch of a smile on the corner of his lips, though his smile faded when he saw the slight smudge of mascara under my eyes and puffiness. "Have you been crying?" He asked softly but slight confusion rang in his tone of voice.

"It's just um- time of the month, that's all..." I made up an excuse which caused Draco to slightly widen his eyes with the mention of 'periods' and he changed the subject.

"So since we're having that party, we need to plan times and a list of people." Draco told me as he flung himself on my neatly made bed which definitely didn't last that long.

"And you expect me to know what to do?" I chuckled at him but nevertheless grabbed the piece of parchment from his grasp and started to write a list of people.

It should of been a small party but i decided to agree with Draco to invite a few more people since Lucius didn't bother talking to me about his thoughts of the idea of a party at his manor nor did he bother talking to me at anytime while I've been here for that matter.

It was the second day while staying at the manor and I've not seen or heard from Lucius since dinner yesterday afternoon. I did start to think it was a terrible idea to come to the Malfoy Manor with Draco but tried my best to keep distracting myself with Draco since it was our spring holidays away from any tests or piles of homework.

                                  ~*~*~*~

It was the day of the party and I was quite excited which was a nice change. Normally I'm like the mother of the group at some party's and don't drink to much just in case and then other times I get overly drunk and do thinks I don't have any conscious towards.

We were all sat in the dining room in our usual seating as we ate our breakfast. There were small conversations between the table but never between me and Lucius and it made me wonder if he even cared about me.

After all his sweet messages and calming touches it confused me how someone could just switch it all off like that, like I was nothing. It made me think if I was just a play toy for him to use when he was bored and throws me away when he finds someone new.

Is there other women other than me? I know he's married but what if all the things he said to me... was the same to what he says to other random women?

Suddenly I felt my heart sink at that thought and even though I did try my best to cover up any suspicion.

Lucius glanced towards me for a few seconds, furrowing the front of his eyebrows and squinting his eyes slightly as he watched me talk to his son.

I didn't even notice him looking at me but I wish I did because maybe it would of confirmed how things were between us once and for all.

"I don't want any misbehaving tonight in any shape or form." Lucius spoke all of a sudden like it was playing on his mind.

"I know father." Draco mumbled under his breath while rolling his eyes discreetly.