Chapter Ten ~ who's to say which is which?

It's been a few days since mine and Lucius's encounter outside and I've not seen him since, it felt like he was ignoring me but maybe I was over reacting.

Sat in Potions class next to Pansy who seemed to have a situation of ink stains on her hands was the least of my problems as the noisy classroom was muffled by my thoughts as I stared blankly into space.

The problem was that I didn't feel any guilt for what I done. I mean I know I should but I every time the thought of Lucius appearing in my mind, a sworn of butterflies flutter in my stomach and a grin forms on my lips.

"I see we have someone that would rather leap around in day dreams than pay attention in my class, isn't that right Miss Kardin?" Snape said slowly causing it to snap out of my thoughts and look up to him from the end of the room.

"I- I was uh..." I stuttered on my words as I tried to think of a quick excuse but there was no hope.

"Detention!" Snape told me bluntly making me to groan.

"But-" I said before being interrupted by Snape.

"Meet me after class."

~*~*~*~

As the final few students left the class room when the bell rang I stood up from my seat and wondered over to Snape's desk, dragging my feet along the floor on the way.

"Did your parents ever teach you to walk properly, Miss Kardin?" He said with a harsh tone in his voice as he kept his eyes on the test papers in front of him on his desk.

A awkward silence filled the room, well for what I thought it seemed in my point of view as he continued to mark the pieces of parchment.

He finally looked up to me as he placed his quill in his desk and clasped his hands together in front of him.

"Must I always have to tell you to pay attention in my classroom, Miss Kardin?" He said with a scowl on his face.

I bowed my head down and shook my head slowly as I didn't want to make eye contact with the intimidating man.

"Use your words you irritating child!" He said sternly.

"No Professor." I mumbled.

He stood up from his desk a walked around it until he stood in front of me, looming over me with his tall figure. He wore the same long black cloak that reached the floor, along with fitted black trousers and a black shirt with a black waist coat that hugged his figure perfectly under the cloak.

He used his hand to lift my chin up to look up at him as his eyes stared into mine with a unusual look I've not ever seen before from him.

"I don't want you getting yourself in trouble for the wrong reasons." He said in a low and dark voice before continuing, "People might start to think your up to something..." he raised an eyebrow and tilted his head to the side as he looked down upon me.

I started to feel like cheeks heat up and become a dusted shade of red as my eyes widened slightly as I broke my eye contact with him.

"You may go." He told me as he went back around his desk and started organising jars of the shelf beside him.

I stood there for a moment in shock before quickly grabbing all of my belongings and heading out of the room.

~*~*~*~

Walking along the empty hallway I stopped in my tracks when I heard hushed voices around the corner. I peeked my head around slowly and saw Harry, Ron and Hermione discussing something that seemed rather serious.