Chapter Eight ~ Take Your Time

After a few days being back at Hogwarts Draco hasn't said one word to me or even looked at me for what I know of.

Did I feel guilty? Probably soon but not at the moment.

Walking down the hallway to potions class with Snape I trembled across Marcus Flint and his buddy's leaning against the wall as they watched me walk slowly towards them.

I felt anxious slightly as I got closer and closer to them without Draco by my side to keep them in their place.

"Where are you off to, Kardin?" Marcus asked as he eyes my body from head to toe with a disgusting smirk formed on his lips.

"To class." I said bluntly, not making eye contact with him.

"Why not hang with us for a bit, I'm sure a few minutes won't harm Snape's class." He offered as he pushed himself off the wall and stood in front of me to block my path to class down the hallway.

"Get out of my way." I told him with a warning look on my face.

He started laughing as he saw my face trying to be confident and so did the other boys that crowded around him like sheep.

"Ooo look at Odette Kardin standing up for herself," he chuckled darkly and stroked my cheek, "Don't worry sweetheart, no need to stand up for yourself when you would be useful lying down for me." He smirked.

I swatted his hand away from me and pushed him back into the group of boys. They all starting 'ooing' making Marcus laugh at me. I furrowed my eyes at him and walked past him but only until I tripped over someone foot that was purposely there making me fall onto the cold, cobblestone floor with a gasp.

The sound of boys whistling at me makes me sit up on the ground while looking up to them to see their eyes directly looking at my skirt. I looked down instantly and saw it raised up that it revealed my underwear to them all in front. I quickly straightened it out as tears formed in my eyes for the humiliation in front of them all.

"You doing this all for me Kardin?" Marcus teased as he inches closer to me.

"Get the fuck away!" I shouted as my throat felt swollen from tears building up and I backed away on the floor.

"What's going on here?" I heard a dark and dull voice call from behind the crowd surrounding me.

Everyone's head turned to where the voice came from and instantly everyone's faces dropped into serious and nervous ones while Marcus backed into the crowd to not be in suspicion.

Snape walked through the crowd and stopped in his tracks when he saw me sitting on the ground with teary eyes not meeting his. He felt a sudden rage filled him in that moment for he saw as he read my mind of my memory's that just went down.

"Mr Flint, detention! My office immediately!" Snape ordered him loudly as he turned to face him with his hair flowing with him.

Marcus looked at me and gave me a disgusted look before stomping down the hallway to Snape's office.

"And why aren't you lot in class where your supposed to be 10 minutes ago?" Snape asked with a intimidating look and raised eyebrow.

Everyone evacuated the hallway into the potions classroom, now leaving only me and Snape alone in the hallway. I wiped my eyes and looked up to see Snape's hand extended for me to take. I gently to his hand and almost melted when I felt his soft hands collide with mine softly and I stood up.

"Thanks..." I said quietly.

"If that happens again Odette, you come straight to me, am I understood?" He told me in a serious tone but I knew he cared on the inside for some reason.