Chapter Nineteen ~ Don't Make Me Your Enemy

Warning! This chapter does contain sexual/mature themes that may be uncomfortable for some!
_______________________________

Days went by with Draco and I finally returning back to Hogwarts and I was sat in Potions class, A class I had a tendency to drift off into daydreams.

Pansy beside me slumped her hand onto her cheek as she scribbled onto her book that I watched with my head slouched onto my arm.

The noise of the grandfather clock ticking caught my attention, desperately waiting for the arm to reach 3 o'clock...

However now with a sudden jolt and a light snore escaping my mouth at the sound of a bang made me sit up straight with tired eyes, only to spot Snape standing in front of my desk with a pile of filthy cauldrons sitting in front of me.

As I slowly peered around him and across the room I soon came to realisation I had slept through the class that was finished over 15 minutes ago.

Now forming a guilty smile on my lips and looking back up towards the tall man who loomed over my desk with both of his hands, that were covered in dry ink stains, resting on both sides of the desk as he cocked an eyebrow in annoyance.

I bowed my head to look away from his intense stare, feeling a rush of embarrassment. "I'm sorry, sir." I quietly apologised below my breath.

"Look at me." He demanded sternly. With his word I slowly crept my head back up to see disappointment in his eyes.

"I've told you several times," he began with a low voice, "And you still don't listen." He rounded my desk, now half sitting on it with his hands folded upon one another.

"I've just been distracted with other-" I instantly shut my mouth when I knew he would ask questions with what I meant by that.

"I know." Snape softened his voice.

I shifted in my seat to look at him with confusion written all over my face, hoping deep down he wasn't talking about what I think he was talking about.

"He's not a good man, Odette. I don't know what he's told you but I know one thing." His face turned cold as he thought of the man. "Don't trust him."

I didn't say a word but deep down I could feel anger bubbling inside me. I know people have their assumptions and thoughts of Lucius Malfoy, but I knew they were all wrong. Lucius had a dark past but he's changed for the better, people just don't realise it yet.

Snape lifted off the desk and took slow steps towards me, not breaking eye contact, before placing his hands on the side of my shoulders and now standing closely behind me as I sat small on the old, wooden stool.

Leaning in to my ear he whispered, "History has its eyes on you."

I turned my head to the side while still staring at the ground, replaying of what he muttered in my ear. Slowly I turned myself around on the chair and looked up at him. His body looming tall before me and his dark, almost black eyes gazing into mine.

"I'm not afraid." As I said that unsurely, Snape tilted his head slightly while I felt his annoyance beaming off him. "And for you to assume that my past has anything to do with my decisions now is ridiculous." I began to raise my voice.

Snape remained silent as he deepened his stare into a irritated glare while he watched a daring look appear in my eyes.

"Don't test my patience, Miss Kardin." He growled.

"Why? You going to give me another detention?" My voice ran with amusement as I simply rolled my eyes with a scoff escaping my mouth.

However the mood changed when suddenly his hand gripped my chin firmly while his other hand rested on my knee, making my eyes widen with surprise at his sudden movements. His face was merely inches away from mine that we could hear the pace of our breaths slowly syncing as one speed together while we scanned each other's eyes.