Chapter Eleven ~ Realisation

Lucius's POV

I must of been staring at the floating clock on the wall for the past few hours now, just waiting.

As I paced around my office while in thought I glanced to my left to see my reflection in the window.

I lifted my chin up high as I peered deeply into my eyes from what I could see of my reflection.

Emptiness was all I could see.

Suddenly the sound of a crack and whoosh at once was heard causing me to whip my wand out from my cane and aim it to where the movement was but instantly retracted my hand when I saw him.

"Lucius, my dear friend... I'm truly honoured." His voice slithered through my ears and made my lips slightly curl in disgust.

"My lord, I apologise." I bowed my head as voldemort creeped around my body slowly, inhaling his surroundings with a deep breath.

"So... what's changed since I last checked up on you." He asked with his mouth up to my ear and his vile breath grazing against my neck.

I swallowed deeply and shut my eyes for a moment before informing him of my improvement of the task.

"The girl has gradually become consistent with myself..." I said below a whisper as he felt guilt travelling through his body.

"So do your believe it will work?" Voldemort asked as he stroked his snake beside him as he was in thought to himself.

"I- I'm not so sure as the girl has a tendency to distance herself from others, let alone her father." I stuttered slightly, secretly hoping for him to divert his plan away from Odette.

"Ah! Well I bring you pleasant news about the girl's father!" He spoke with a uncomfortable excitement as he scanned the room with his feet.

"My lord?" I asked, slight worry building up in my chest.

"I've ordered him to be more meaningful to the girl, as a way to gain trust with one another once more and that will make her devoted to join." A gruesome smirk formed on his lips as he imagined the plan in his head. "It's not like it haven't worked before with the girl."

Wait what?

"What do you mean worked before, my Lord?" I asked impatiently but with a fake calm facial expression painted on.

He laughed disgustingly as he watched me with amusement dancing in his eyes. After a moment of silence filling the room voldemort spoke in my ear once more.

"Make sure you have the girl wrapped around your finger or else ill do it myself, and that won't end very well as you know." His rotten teeth showed as he breathes out a laugh.

"Of course... my lord." I finally said while lifting my chin to show some sort of power with a stern face.

And with that he was gone, perfect timing actually as a low knock was heard on the door just in that second making my body freeze.

I walked towards the door a swung the door open forcefully while I held a stern face as I peered to who it was.

"What do you wan-" I paused in silence when I saw her eyes filled with tears and her lip quivering slightly as he gazed up at me in sorrow. "Odette?" I said softly.

Just then she rushed towards me and wrapped her hands around my torso tightly while nuzzling her head in my chest causing me to stumble back slightly at the sudden movement. I soon wrapped one arm around head waist and the other hand on her hair while gently stroking it as her quiet sobs were muffled in my shirt.

"What's happened, my love?" I whispered faintly into head ear.

"I'm scared Lucius... I'm really scared." She said while slight stutters from her sobs.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and worry as i looked down to the girl who now pulled away slowly from me, with her head bowed to not meet eye contact.

Before I could say anything that won't upset her more or pressure her to say something she doesn't feel comfortable to say, she spoke up once again.

"My father... he's doing something horrible." She whispered as she looked up at me to see my facial expression.

"Sit down." I said gently as I seated myself on my chair at my desk and patted my lap with a faint smile on my lips.

She made her way over to me and hesitated to sit down on my lap but I reassured her as I stroked her sides slowly, causing her to finally sit. I wrapped my one arm around her back and waist to support her from falling back as I listened patiently to her.

"I- I got a letter this morning from him saying 'I'm sorry" she said more flowingly with her words as she relaxed in my arms. "I tried to act normal In front of everyone at the table but I don't know if that succeeded, but I know what he's trying to do." She said confidently at the end making me worry she knew about the plan.

I never agreed with the Dark Lords plan but I never had a choice either. Most of the time when The Dark Lord has a plan it never gets to me as it's just towards the unpleasant mudbloods, but this time it wasn't. It's different and while I tried my very best to make it not get to me I feel like I'm failing to do so.

The fact I have to pretend to be oblivious about the how situation in this moment kills me, and I'm not sure why and nor do I like it. It feels like something has complete control over me.

I stared at the girl that was seated comfortably on me, making guilt build up even more as I realise she's starting to trust me with sharing this topic that I, myself is involved in... and in the end I know it will break her.

"What's exactly is he trying to do?" I asked gently but impatient as I needed to confirm she didn't know what was happening.

"He's trying to gain my trust, just so he can have control over me like he did with my mother, because he's the 'man of the house'." She said through sniffles while she wiped her eyes with her sleeve.

Or maybe she doesn't know...

She looked towards me and that's when our eyes met. While she stared into mine in comfort, I stared into hers in thought.

"Who were you... before they broke your heart?" I asked deeply.

She watched me for a moment before she shrugged her shoulders and spoke.

"I never got to find out..." she said peacefully as she had a hint of a smile on the corners of her lips.

As silence was heard, I placed my hand on her cheek as we gazed to one another's lips for several moments before I leaned in and placed a delicate kiss on her lips. Slowly she melted into the kiss and shared the same amount of passion that I held.

And that's when I realised.

~*~*~*~