Chapter Fourteen ~ One day

I'm not mad at myself for giving my love to the wrong people because sometimes they are the one's that probably needed it the most.

But when it came down to him, I felt broken for falling for his lies because I couldn't unlove him and I didn't want to, But as I always remind myself as a piece of courage; Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

And I wasn't going to be the fool this time.

I strode along the hallway and pushed open the door to the room I was staying in before pushing it closed ajar behind me.

I sat down on the corner of the bed while leaning my head on the wooden post and breathed out a huff before I fell back onto the covers and dazed at the high ceiling that dangled a crystal chandelier just above me.

"There is no us."

His voice replayed in my mind over and over again causing tears to slide down my temples as my head was laid flat on the bed.

"There never was." I whispered to myself as I repeated the exact words Lucius said only moment ago.

I let out a groan and sat up in a slump as I stared blankly to nothing in particular before I stood up and walked towards the mirror as I just peered along my body.

In that moment the door to the room creaked open ajar making me turn around to see who was there only until Theodore's head popped in through the gap.

"Oh! Odie there you are!" He let out a sigh of relief as he walked into the room and shut the door behind him and slouched on the bed.

"Yeah I'm here." I told him as I turned around before stopping in my tracks all of a sudden, "Are you alright?" I asked as I stared closely to his face and saw tears slightly in his eyes.

He bowed his head and he picked at his finger nails as he attempted to absorb his tears away to seem fine but instead tears started to flow even more for him.

"Hey it's okay, I'm here, I'm here." I sat down on the bed beside him as I tried to smooth him down.

I pulled him into my chest as he sobbed quietly with his arms wrapped around my body as a way of him comforting himself and I sat there quiet as I let him let it out in his own time.

"I know." I said in a hushed voice as I rested my head onto his and closed my eyes softly. "I know."

I wasn't sure why he was crying but I didn't want to budge him to confessing in case he didn't want to. I just wanted him to know I was here for him and that it was alright to cry.

He lifted his head up after a moment of silence and looked at me sorrowfully. "I wish I understood." He said finally but I kept quiet to allow him to continue. "But I don't want to make a fool of myself if they don't understand." He whispered and looked away to somewhere in the room.

"Who's they?" I asked.

He looked at me silently for a moment, debating if he should say what he's thinking or not but then let out a breath. "Blaise." He watched me nervously to see what my first impression of what he said was going to be.

I smiled softly at him then when he told me and I instantly understood what he was talking about.

"He will understand and if he doesn't then you should still be proud you expressed yourself Theo." I said with a genuine tone of voice making his lips twist into a faint smile as he processed what I said.

"Thanks Odette..." he leaned in to me and embraced his arms around me as he let out a few more tears.

"Anytime." I said into his ear calmly as I hugged him back as it felt truly comforting to hug someone in this moment as well for myself.

"What about you? Have you fell in love yet?" He perked his head up as he was genuinely interested if I had or not.

My eyes slightly widened at the sudden question but I quickly readjusted myself and let out a false chuckle under my breath but lowered my head as I stared at my hands.

"No... not yet." I said with a weak smile and looked back up to him.

I then immediately stood up from the bed as a way to divert the conversation to something else, anything else.

"I know you will one day and that will be when you least expect it." He said confidently as he walked towards the door along with me.

"Maybe one day." I whispered to myself and opened the door.

We walked along the dark hallway together, trying not to walk into anything as we got closer the the staircase only until Lucius walked out of the same room he and I were in only moments before. I stopped instantly in my tracks as I just stared at him, surprised to see him again tonight but he just glanced at me for a moment with distaste and walked away.

"Now that is someone I would never want to mess with." Theodore whispered to me with a chuckle escaping his mouth.

I let out a scoff under my breath and spoke up loud enough for Lucius to hear before he disappeared into the dark hallway. "Believe me, I wouldn't even want to spend my time with him." I said with a slight harsh tone as I clenched my jaw.

Lucius continued to walk down the hallway with the sound of his cane tapping along the wooden floor, slowly fading off in the distance as he didn't budge to show any sign of care of what I said as he disappeared into the dark hallway.

I huffed quietly as I walked down the staircase along with Theodore while i was in a daze of thought only until I heard the voice of Pansy squeal with joy when she saw me.

"Odette! You won't believe who kissed me!" She said giddily while looking between me and Theodore.

"And who may that lucky fellow be?" I asked sarcastically dramatic as I notice the big smile on her face.

"Draco! I don't know why but i think he likes me!" She told me while she was glancing around the place to see if she would spot Draco.

I was happy for her because I think she would be perfect for Draco, believe it or not. I don't know if Draco would think the same since he has told me several times about how obsessed she was for him but maybe if they got to know more about one another it could be a love story.

If only my life was like that.

We continued the night drinking while I attempted to divert my mind away from Lucius but instead I just stayed seated in the corner while holding a glum expression on my facial features.

~*~*~*~