Chapter Seventeen ~ Learning To Love

Warning: This chapter does contain sex/mature themes and strong language that could make some uncomfortable!
_______________________________

I trailed closely behind him as we walked down a long hallway but as we walked on, suddenly I recognised the same door to that abandoned room. The room we held our first fight.

I shifted my two feet on the floor awkwardly to divert any tension of the replaying memories, though they never fully went away. Lucius clicked open the lock of the door that he kept locked ever since our "situation" and pushed open the door, guiding his hand forward for me to enter first.

I gave a nervous look and slowly walked in, side eyeing him in suspicion. He followed in soon after with the door closing behind him. He didn't say a single word, instead he just made his way towards a tall shelf where several random objects sat covered in thick coatings of dust and cob webs.

Not even the house elves were allowed in this room noticeably.

"Your a disgrace." He sneered through his teeth while having his back facing me, not seeing but knowing I formed a guilty look on my face.

"I'm sorry." I whispered nearly silently while tugging at the hem of my jumper and looking down to the floor.

"Sorry isn't good enough!" His voice finally broke out into a yell as he turned to face me with a dark glare, gripping his hand on the shelf behind him as a support to not break anything impulsively.

"It won't happen again." I tried to assure him but felt myself grow nervous by his sudden attitude.

"It shouldn't of happened in the first place you foolish girl! Do you have any kind of idea what could of happened to you back there?" He exclaimed with an uneasy stare piecing into the side of my head. "Look at me when I speak to you." He demanded roughly, noticeably breaking his once controlled manner.

At his words I slowly lifted my eyes up to see his face, his jaw clenched firmly together causing the muscles in his cheeks to flex while his eyes squinted tightly as if he was trying his best not to let go completely.

"I just wanted to get away, perhaps deep inside I just... I just wanted you to care about where I was... I'm sorry." My voice quivered quietly as I felt my bottom lips wobble uncontrollably, desperate to cry.

Lucius took a double take on my words and found himself feeling as if his heart was punctured when he was the sorrowful guilt in my eyes. Though he didn't show his emotions and maintained a blank emotion as he turned back around to the shelf that stood behind him, diverting the comment I had made.

"I never explained what this was the night you were in here... But perhaps you would like to know." His voice was fragile but deep as he reached for something off the shelf and turned back around to face me once more, allowing me to see what he was holding.

It was the copper framed mirror that held the initials "A.M" engraved on the handle.

"It's not an object you wish to be granted given though I must tell you. Yes it can be a helpful guide but sometimes it shows things that aren't as they seem shall I say." He continued on while placing it gently on the table beside me.

I sat down opposite Lucius while eyeing the mirror and then back to him in confusion but not interrupting him as I waited for him to tell me what was so special about this random mirror.

Lucius gazed his eyes over my face, inspecting every expression I formed as a knowledgeably sign if he should continue, But then his face turn into a scowl as a memory flooded his brain from the past long ago, a memory that traumatised him from when he was just a young lad.