5. I Wanna Help Him

"You're dating Max Mike?" Heather and Beth asked in unison. "Yeah, so?" Zoie asked. "SO!" Heather yelled. 

Heather's family, Beth's family, and Zoie's family were all having dinner together when Zoie broke the news that she had a boyfriend. 

Which of course triggered the interest in Heather and Beth who were surprised that Zoie said something that wasn't music-related. And it was about boys so the two beauty gurus obviously loved that.

"So!" Zoie said nodding. "So, he's the hottest boy in school!" Heather said. "And I'm Slash's daughter," Zoie said. "And trust me the world would go crazy if they found out Slash's daughter was dating John Mikes's son!" "Yeah they would, so we can tell everyone?" Beth asked. "No!" Zoie said. 

The phone rang. "I'll get it," Zoie said walking to the kitchen phone.

"Hello?" 
"Hey, Zoie?" 
"Hunter! Why weren't you at school today?" 
"I didn't want to go. I miss you." 
"Aw, I miss you too, Hunter." 

Beth and Heather exchanged glances. "I think Zoie has eyes for Hunter Rose," Beth said. "She got Hunter to talk?" Heather asked. "Yeah, she said he talked to her and he was nice. No, in her words he was sweet," Beth said. "Maybe Max can be mine if we can get Zoie to admit that she likes Hunter, and imagine that. Axl Rose's son and Slash's daughter dating!" Heather said. 

"I especially miss us laying down on top of the bus. With not a care in the world just us."
"Yeah, I miss it too. Please come to school tomorrow. I wanna see you again." 
"Alright. But I won't talk there." 
"Why not?" 
"Because I don't people finding me again." 
"We'll talk about it tomorrow, Hunter." 
"Zoie-" 
"I need to go."
"But Zoie-" 
"Bye, Hunter." 

Zoie hung the phone up and walked to her room with a simple 'I'm not hungry.' 

A few minutes late Slash walked in and sat on Zoie's bed. "What's wrong, Zoie?" Slash asked. "I wish I can help, Hunter," Zoie said. "You just met him last month, he'll come out to you eventually," Slash said rubbing his daughter's shoulders. "He came out to me, daddy. But he hides from the world. I doubt anyone even knows Hunter Rose exists," Zoie said. "Let Hunter come out at his own pace. Talking to someone other than his parents is a big step for him. You just need to be supportive," Slash said. Zoie began to cry. "Oh, daddy, I feel awful!" Zoie said. "Don't, I know you care about him. He's just like his father. He has stuff to hide. I remember always trying to push those secrets out of Axl but it only hurt him more. You'll see. He'll come out. You just have to wait," Slash said. Zoie nodded. "Now, do you want me to send the two models in here?" Slash asked. Zoie laughed and nodded. 

________________________________________________________________

When Zoie arrived at school she first spotted Max walking up to her. "Hey, baby," he said trying to kiss her. "No, Max, I don't wanna rush it," Zoie said turning her face away from his. But Max wasn't having it. He jerked her face towards his and kissed her roughly. Zoie started to cry as she pushed him away. "DON'T EVER TOUCH ME AGAIN!" Zoie yelled before she ran off. 

She sat on the steps of the school and cried. She never wanted her first kiss to be like that. She wanted it to be special. 

Zoie heard someone walking up to her and the person sat. "Zoie," came the soft voice of Hunter. "H-H-Hunter?" Zoie asked sniffling. "He didn't hurt you did he?" Hunter asked. "No, but I wanted my first kiss to be special and sweet not like that," Zoie said. "I'm sorry, sweetheart," Hunter said. "It's alright, what's done is done," Zoie said. "Come on, I'll take you back to my place," Hunter said. "But-" "I skip school all the time! It's fine!" Hunter said. "O-Okay," Zoie said.