11. Not Your Baby

Depression only struck Hunter harder when the day of his sister's death rolled in. It always has. Zoie stuck by his side no matter what in hopes he would get better. But he didn't want to do anything for the entire day. 

Zoie was walking back up the stairs with some food for Hunter when she heard the most beautiful voice. 

Said woman take it slow and things will be just fine. 
And we need is just a little patience. 
Said sugar take it slow and we'll work ourselves out fine. 
All we need is just a little patience. 

Zoie never even knew Hunter could sing. But he sounded beautiful. There was so much emotion in his voice. Zoie walked into the room causing Hunter to stop singing immediately and smile at his girlfriend. "Don't you dare stop! Hunter, that was amazing. I wanna hear it again! Please for me and the baby?" Zoie asked. "Okay," Hunter said as he began to strum the guitar and sing once more. Zoie leaned against Hunter listening to the soothing sounds of his voice. "I love you, Hunter," Zoie said. "I love you too, Zoie," Hunter said. 

They decided to go baby shopping with Beth and Heather after finding out they were having a boy. Heather and Beth went crazy with the clothes while Hunter and Zoie worked on the essentials, bottles, pacifiers, diapers, and a carseat. 

"Oh, I forgot the pacifiers can you grab those for me, Hunter?" Zoie asked. Hunter nodded and walked off. "He's sweet," Beth said. "Yeah, I love him," Zoie said. 

Max walked over to them his black hair falling in his bright blue eyes a smirk formed on his face. "Hey, baby girl, you were fun last week- Is that my baby?" Max asked. "I never even had sex with you!" Zoie said madly. "Yeah you did," Max said. "Hey, stay away from her!" Hunter said. Zoie looked back at him. He was empty-handed probably couldn't find the pacifiers. "Why? The baby isn't yours, Hunter Rose, it's mine," Max said. "NO, SHE ISN'T!" Zoie yelled. "Oh yeah, were with Hunter two nights before you found out you were pregnant?" Max asked. Hunter turned pale. "Hunter, no, he's lying!" Zoie yelled. "What's your proof?" Max said. "You were with me, the baby's mine." Zoie was going to say something to Hunter but he was gone. He had left. Zoie ran out of the store sobbing. 

Her life was ruined.