9. Prego

"Zoie, Zoie! Wake up!" Hunter said shaking his girlfriend awake. She had been sleeping and she was crying and squirming. Zoie shot up and hugged Hunter and burst into tears. "Hunter! Please, don't!" Zoie sobbed. "Baby, listen, I'm here and I'm not leaving you," Hunter said softly. "But in my dream, you killed yourself and... and... and-" "Zoie, hey, it's not real. I'm never going to leave you like that," Hunter said. "Please don't ever leave my side," Zoie said. "I promise, you aren't getting rid of me easily," Hunter said. Zoie smiled and kissed her boyfriend's lips. "Now, get back to sleep, you look exhausted," Hunter said. Zoie nodded. They both laid down and Hunter held Zoie tight not ever wanting to let her go. 

The next morning a wave of nausea hit Zoie like a truck. She jumped up and bolted to the bathroom where she threw up. Hunter ran to her and held her hair back. He rubbed soothing circles on her back while she emptied the contents of her stomach.

Zoie figured it was just a stomach bug. But she realized that she had missed her period. Zoie rose to her feet and brushed teeth with Hunter standing behind her his arms wrapped firmly around her waist his head laid on her shoulder. After Zoie finished brushing her teeth they stood like that together just admiring how perfect they looked in the mirror. They were meant for each other. 

"Hey, baby, I'm going to go uh hang out with Beth," Zoie said turning in Hunter's arms. "No, stay with me!" Hunter said kissing Zoie's lips. "I've stayed with you for three days," Zoie said laughing. "Please, baby?" Hunter asked. Normally, Zoie would've given up and said yes. But right now she was afraid she was pregnant and she needed to buy a test. "Sorry, baby, I have to go, I'll be back in an hour," Zoie said before getting out of Hunter's arms. She got dressed and then left. 

Zoie met up with Beth and Luna at the pharmacy. "Well, let's get this over with," Zoie said. "It's alright, Zoie, I bet you're just overreacting. You can't be pregnant you're on birth control and you used a condom right?" Beth said. "Yeah, but birth control doesn't always-" "I forgot to take the pill that day," Zoie interrupted. "And the condom can break," Luna finished. Zoie began to cry again. "Oh, now, Zoie. It's alright, girl. We're here for you," Beth said hugging the fourteen-year-old guitarist. "This will ruin our lives," Zoie said. "Hunter is a loner. You are his light in this dark, dark world. His only plan for the future is to be with you. And now you're having a baby. His baby. A baby you'll love and cherish until the end," Beth said. Zoie smiled. "That sounds nice," she said. "Trust me, girl, Hunter can afford to lose you. He certainly won't leave because you're having his kid," Luna said. Zoie nodded. 

They walked into the pharmacy and bought the test and went to the bathroom. Zoie took the test and came out crying. "I'm pregnant," she said. Beth and Luna hugged their curly-haired friend. "Well, what do you think?" Beth asked. "I never wanted a child so long, but we'll make it," Zoie said. 

Zoie returned home and stood in front of her parents who were watching TV. "Mom, Dad, I have something to tell you..." Zoie started. "D-don't get mad at me or Hunter." "What is it?" Slash asked worryingly. "I... well... I'm pregnant," Zoie said hanging her head. "WHAT!" her parents yelled in unison. Zoie began to cry. Slash wrapped his arms around his daughter. "It's alright, Zoie, I'll call Axl so he can bring Hunter over," Slash said. Zoie nodded. She sat on the couch rubbing her stomach being comforted by Meegan. 

After a few minutes, Hunter ran into the house and engulfed Zoie in a hug. "So you heard?" Zoie asked biting her lip. Hunter nodded and grabbed my hand and dragged me upstairs. I laughed as went into my room. Hunter closed the door behind us and kissed me. He pulled away and smiled. "I'd love to be the father of your children. And like I said, you aren't getting rid of me easily," Hunter said. Zoie laughed. "Good," she said. "Because I need you by my side." "I need you more, Zoie," Hunter said burying his face in Zoie's curly hair. I believe it, Zoie thought thinking back to her dream and Hunter's past suicide attempt. His promise to never leave her like that. 

"Hey, Hunter?" "Hm?" "You promise that if anything is bothering you to tell me right?" "Mhm." "I love you, Hunter." "I love you more, baby."