10. Prison Bird Hunter

"I still don't see how you could give up Max for Hunter," Heather said as she, Beth, and Zoie walked side-by-side. "I wanted Hunter to be the father of my children," Zoie said. Beth smirked and Heather looked at Zoie with a confused expression. "Well, I for one wish Max would put babies inside me," Heather said. "Did you two ever have sex?" "No," Zoie said. "Hunter felt good though." Heather chuckled and wiggled her eyebrows. "Sex and wanted children and Heather still doesn't get it," Beth said. "Get what?" Heather asked. "I'm pregnant, Heather," Zoie said. "OH! MY! GOD! We have all have to go shopping right after school-" "Heather, I don't even know the gender yet, calm down," Zoie said chuckling. "Okay, but when you do find out we need to go shopping," Heather said. "Alright," Zoie said laughing. 

She arrived at lunch and sat beside Hunter who was writing someone down in a notebook. He reached under the table and placed his hand on Zoie's leg before smiling at her. "You're going to have to start talking soon," Zoie said grabbing Hunter's hand. Hunter shook his head. "I don't see why you don't want the school to know you have a voice. Do you want to end up in a mental hospital?" Zoie asked. Hunter gave her a look before rising to her feet and walking out of the cafeteria. Zoie raced after him. "Hunter, wait! I didn't- I'm sorry," Zoie said once she caught up with him. Hunter turned around. "Zoie, stop!" he said. "What?" Zoie asked. "I said, stop. Stop attracting attention to me," Hunter said. "So what if I don't want to talk to anyone? It's not your problem you shouldn't care." "Well, I'm sorry I care about you!" Zoie said. "You should be!" Hunter said. "What?" Zoie asked shocked. "You. Should. Be," Hunter said. "Hunter-" "I got you pregnant, Zoie, I make you cry. I made you cry the day I first met you. That's when I should've left you alone. I shouldn't make you suffer because of what I do," Hunter said. "Hunter, don't talk like that. I love you, now, why don't we skip again, we'll just say I didn't feel well," Zoie said. Hunter smiled. "Alright," he said. 

__________________________________________________________

Hunter quickly jumped a fence and continued to run. Maybe stealing alcohol wasn't the best idea in the world. But he began feeling depressed and Zoie was at her grandma's house so he couldn't call her. And he had promised not to leave her in this world alone. He didn't want Zoie to know he was depressed by cutting himself. So he decided to do the next best thing. 

Drink. 

However, the cops were at his heels. Someone tackled him to the ground. Hunter screamed. "Calm down kid none of this would've happened," the cop said angrily as he yanked Hunter onto his feet. He put Hunter's hands behind his back, patted him down, before dragging him to the police car and shoving him in the back. 

Hunter hoped he wouldn't be in jail long he had a pregnant girlfriend and he had to be there for her. How stupid could he be? Zoie would be so mad at him and then she'd leave him because he was a criminal. He bit hard on his lips until he could taste the metallic taste of blood. 

When they arrived at school, they gave him an orange suit and shoved him into a jail sail with a few other people who grabbed him and began to beat him. 

__________________________________________________________________

Zoie heard knocks on her window late at night. She got out of bed and looked out her window and saw Hunter sitting there his face bruised. "Hunter, what happened?" Zoie asked. "I was arrested and beaten by people in jail," Hunter said. "What? Hunter, why were you arrested?" Zoie asked. "I stole some alcohol," Hunter said. Zoie sighed. "You aren't mad?" Hunter said. "Of course I'm mad, Hunter. But I love you too much to stay mad," Zoie said. Hunter kissed her lips.