19. Another One

Hunter did as told and slept on the floor that night. He cried himself to sleep. 

"D-daddy," Asher asked waking Hunter up. Hunter sat up his body aching because of the hard floor. "What is it, Ashy?" Hunter asked tiredly. "Do you and mommy still love each other?" Asher asked hugging his stuffed dog that Axl got him tight to his chest. "Of course we do, Ashy," Hunter said ruffling Asher's hair. "Then why are you sleeping on the floor?" Asher asked. "I-" Hunter stopped. 

Why was he sleeping on the floor? 

He loved Zoie. 

So why wasn't he with her?

Did she not love him?

"Let's get you to bed," Hunter said scooping his son up into his arms and bringing him into his room. Hunter set Asher in his bed and kissed him on the head before walking to his room. 

"Zoie, baby, I love you," Hunter said crawling into the bed. "Go away, Hunter," Zoie said. "Don't you love me?" Hunter asked. "What is this about, Hunter?"  Zoie asked sitting up. "A-Asher asked m-m-me if m-me and y-you still l-love each other. A-and I said y-y-yes. And he asked m-me why I was o-on the floor. A-and I thought I just wasn't e-e-enough for you. B-but I love you. A-a-and I don't know wh-what I-I-I'd do if y-you don't love me," Hunter said breaking down in tears. Zoie wrapped her arms around Hunter. "Oh, I'm sorry, Hunter. I... I was just so upset because... I'm afraid you won't love our new baby," Zoie said. "What?" Hunter asked sniffled as he looked into Zoie's eyes. "I'm pregnant, Hunter. I thought you'd tell me to get an abortion. Hunter, that would kill me," Zoie said. "Baby, I'm so excited! I would love to father another child with you!" Hunter said. "You aren't just saying that?" Zoie asked. "No! I love you and I love Asher and I love new baby!" Hunter said. Zoie laughed. "Alright, babe, let's go to sleep," Zoie said. 

The two laid down and just cuddled each other until they fell asleep.