The accidental promise

Y/n L/n and Natasha Romanoff were best friends. They had met at a modeling audition 5 years ago. Nat got cast, Y/n did not.

Though she was glad she didn't have to be a part of the modeling world, as that was not the world she wanted to live in. Y/n was a singer, well more like a wannabe singer. She had a beautiful voice but wasn't ready to put in the work to follow her dreams. Nat had always pushed her to be her best but often found herself stepping back. She sympathized with Y/n. Both her parents had died. He dad when she was 16 and her mom when she was 20. It completely broke her. Her driven and determined friend had spiraled into a deep depression. Her mother was the one to bring Y/n to that modeling audition that day. She had always seen the beauty y/n failed to embrace. She knew her daughter wanted to be a singer, and she supported her, but she thought modeling could be a better choice for her. A year later, her mother died in a plane crash. Not one person on that flight survived. Leaving Y/n with no parents left, and a crippling fear of planes.

Y/n's POV:

"Hurry up!" Natasha fussed. I roll my eyes and take off my tacky uniform vest.

Nat had become a professional model, and I worked at a karaoke bar. It wasn't a terrible job, but it wasn't what I really wanted to do long-term.

"Onward!" I call, pointing towards the door. Nat scoffs and I follow her out of the wacky building. We walk to Nat's car and we hop in.  "How are things going with that guy?" I mumble, shoving a bar of chocolate in my mouth. "Steve? Things are going well" She nods. "Isn't he rich?" I ask, holding my chocolate to her face. Physically asking if she wanted any. She rejects the candy and starts to pull out of the driveway. "Yes, he's rich" She scoffed. "Ok! I see you, pulling a rich man!" I cheered. She laughs and drives me to my apartment.

I open the door and my dearest cat Alpine purrs against my leg

I open the door and my dearest cat Alpine purrs against my leg. "Hey, buddy" I giggle, petting his head. I say my goodbyes to Nat and go to feed my little hedgehog, Sherlock.

 I say my goodbyes to Nat and go to feed my little hedgehog, Sherlock

I go to my kitchen and rummage through the freezer. "Hmm, pizza rolls will work" I shrug. I put my frozen food in the air-frier and flop down on the couch. "What should we watch Alpine?" I mumble, flipping through the channels on the TV. "Isn't your favorite 'Too cute'? We can watch that." I smile, petting my fluffy cat. I go and fetch my pizza rolls and eat them on the couch.

~

Y/n woke up to a fresh Saturday morning. Still groggy from the deep sleep she just came out of. She cleans Sherlocks' cage and changes Aplines litter.

Y/n's POV:

After I took care of my duties I eat some toast and put on some jeans and a T-shirt. "Bye Alpine! Bye Sherlock!" I call just before I closed the door. Nat and I had planned to go to a cafe by a library. I was 10 minutes late because I got distracted by a few ducks. Non the less I made it. "Hey, Nat!" I wave. She waves me over to a table, and I take a seat. "Late again" She glared, sipping her tea. "HEY! At least I made it!" I scoff. "Well, I have to meet Steve in 15" Nat nods. I dramatically gasp. "Your rich boyfriend?" I wink. "Oh stop it" She waves off. I laugh and we talk about how things were going with one another.

"So how are your singing gigs going?"

"Oh shit. I forgot to set that up" I groan.

"Y/N! You said you were gonna start on that shit a month ago!" She fussed. "I know, I know. I'll do it later, it's not that big of a deal" I shrug. "You can't keep brushing off your dreams Y/n! You need to start now, or you'll never start!" She lectured. "It's really not that big a deal. I'll do it today!" I compromise. "Pinky?" She asked, holding out her pinky finger. "Pinky" I smile. We hook our pinkies together and shake them. "I gotta go now," Nat says, standing up. I stand up as well and hug her goodbye. "Use protection!" I tease. She rolls her eyes and walks away. I finish my pastry, pay and make my way to the park.

I pull out some bread from my backpack and feed the ducks.

"Excuse me, you can't feed the ducks!"

I turn around and see an old woman fussing at me.

"Oh I'm sorry, is there a sign that says that?" I smile. "Well, no" She mumbles. "Alright then" I shrug. I turn back around and throw some more pieces of bread. "You're disrepecting me!" She yells. "Right" I laugh. "Don't you have grandkids to take care of?" I smile. "Grandkids? I'm 43!" She huffs.

"Oh. You're not aging too good, girl" I giggle. "RUDE!" She shouts. "Bye, bye grandma" I tease. She storms off and gets into her car. "Old hag" I mumble.

~

Nat's POV:

I walked with Steve into a mall. "I just think shes not applying herself." I grumble. "What is she good at?" He asks. She sings. Its been her passion since, I don't know when" I sigh. "Does she try not to get gigs?" He asks. "No, she just doesn't try at all. She also doesn't know shit about money. Its frustrating to see as her best friend." I mumble. "Well, my boss is also my besfriend. He's the CEO. Maybe he can help her" He shurgs. "You'd do that for me?" I smile excitedly. "Yeah, I promise you. He'll help her." He nods. I jump into his arms, pulling him into a hug. "Thank you!" I cheer. "Dress nice" He says, strained for the tight hug.